cs_126
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm currently studying English Literature, English Language and Film Studies at A Level. I want to study English at university and at the moment I'm most interested in Edinburgh, Liverpool and King's College London. I believe I can get A*AA - more than enough for English at each of these, and each of them only say they require English Literature. I don't know if it matters but I got full marks in all English at GCSE - I'm hoping it'll be evident that it's my forte. Is it true that universities discriminate against non-facilitating subjects or is it scaremongering? Do I have a chance? Forgot to mention, I will possibly doing an EPQ next year in my second year of A Levels.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cs_126)
I'm currently studying English Literature, English Language and Film Studies at A Level. I want to study English at university and at the moment I'm most interested in Edinburgh, Liverpool and King's College London. I believe I can get A*AA - more than enough for English at each of these, and each of them only say they require English Literature. I don't know if it matters but I got full marks in all English at GCSE - I'm hoping it'll be evident that it's my forte. Is it true that universities discriminate against non-facilitating subjects or is it scaremongering? Do I have a chance? Forgot to mention, I will possibly doing an EPQ next year in my second year of A Levels.
Always read entrance requirements. They are all different.
Two facilitating should be fine, even Oxbridge are ok with that. If in doubt then contact them, but it should be fine. Even better if you do a decent epq, but not needed. Need to get the grades.

*Just seen it said and film studies and below only mentions English.

Liverpool

A level offerAAB-ABB Subject requirementsA level English (Language, Literature or Language and Literature) at grade A
Edinburgh

A Levels: A*AA.

A Levels: ABB including English Literature or combined English. GCSEs: Mathematics or an approved science at Grade C or 4.

King's College

Required grades
AAA
Please note that A-level General Studies, Critical Thinking, Thinking Skills and Global Perspectives are not accepted by King's as one of your A-levels. However, if offered the grade achieved may be taken into account when considering whether or not to accept a candidate who has just fallen short of the conditions of their offer.

Required subjects

English Literature, or combined English Language and Literature
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (80)
26.85%
No - I have already returned home (36)
12.08%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
20.13%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.4%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.54%

Watched Threads