Don't know what internship to choose

Watch
peep90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm looking at summer internships or maybe a year placement (hopefully abroad) but I have no idea what career I want to go into after I graduate (I'm in my 2nd year).

I was thinking maybe marketing but I'm not creative, or human resources but I'm very shy and like independent work. So I'm finding it hard choosing what kind of placement to get.

Advice?
VinnicombeDmv
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What are you studying and why did you choose it? Seems like a good place to start from.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by grl9096)
I'm looking at summer internships or maybe a year placement (hopefully abroad) but I have no idea what career I want to go into after I graduate (I'm in my 2nd year).

I was thinking maybe marketing but I'm not creative, or human resources but I'm very shy and like independent work. So I'm finding it hard choosing what kind of placement to get.

Advice?
The internship can also be viewed as a testdrive for a particular career. It can be a good thing even if you find you don't enjoy the work, because then at least you can rule out that particular career for now.

Marketing doesn't have to be creative as such. There's research roles, strategy roles, client management roles, all sorts. Good internships will move you around the business anyway so you can experience those different roles.

Have you looked at schemes from the big marketing agencies such as WPP?
peep90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by VinnicombeDmv)
What are you studying and why did you choose it? Seems like a good place to start from.
I'm studying psychology but I don't enjoy it much. I choose it because at the time I found it relatively interesting and it kept my options open in terms of career prospects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (391)
56.58%
I don't have everything I need (300)
43.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed