Turn on thread page Beta

Are Some Modern Lefties Too Violent/Abusive? watch

ReputationRep:
    Usually hate the DM but they make some good points here :rofl:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...al-vanity.html
    I agree. Why is it acceptable for supposedly morally superior left wingers to harass and abuse Tories?

ReputationRep:
    If you are capable of convincing yourself that your side is wholly good and the opposing side is wholly evil then you can do pretty heinous things with a clear conscience. And many on the left are not that far gone but still have a tremendous amount of vitriol towards conservatives which makes them prone to downplaying left on right violence.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, a lot of them.

ReputationRep:
    Strangely enough i strongly believe that the left hate the right far more than the right hate the left. This may be because most Tories value freedom of expression over avoiding offense or it may be because the right is generally dominant and has been since the 80's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Strangely enough i strongly believe that the left hate the right far more than the right hate the left. This may be because most Tories value freedom of expression over avoiding offense or it may be because the right is generally dominant and has been since the 80's.
    It's easy to not care what people think of you when you win. Just look at Man Utd supporters throughout the 90s/00s.

ReputationRep:
    This palpable class hatred is one-way traffic, you'd never see such hysteria outside a Labour conference. It is fanned by the Left indeed, unable to win most of their arguments around a table they have nothing else left. Misrepresent the world to everyone, make them feel victimised, lure them with promises of riches, demonise your political obstacles, hijacking the high moral ground and to emotionally manipulate people is ALL that leftist thinking and propaganda have to play with. It's like a Crusade in political form, even in ruthlessness.

Social justice, equality, fairness, change, hope, great public services, a decent life for everyone, they claim all that as a starting platform that leaves the opponent at an immediate disadvantage and constrained in his ability to oppose. How can anyone be against any of that? To question the soundbites and sloganeering they cloak themselves with is all that can be done to expose them.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    I'm not sure what the point of this thread is meant to be.

It's been shown time and time again that so-called right-wing violence is far more prevalent than left-wing violence. Far more people are attacked or killed as a result of right-wing politics (anti-immigration being the main cause I guess) both in the UK and elsewhere. So if this thread is meant to be some great pissing contest as to which tribe is the most violent, it ought to be clear which side that is.

On the other hand if your point was to say that both "left-wing" and "right-wing" tribes can be violent, then well done, you've just discovered how human nature works. Bravo, you've pointed out that some people commit crimes. How insightful.

At the end of the day violence and death threats are illegal, and people involved in those things should be held to account no matter which tribe they support. At the same time, the existence of violence doesn't invalidate someone's argument when they're talking about actual policy, unless that policy relates to violence I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    There's a great clip on the BBC news website currently of a left wing activist confronting Rees-Mogg, shouting "Tories out" over and over.

Rees-Mogg takes the high ground and tried to engage him in debate.

I think the result is rather predictable, but I won't spoil it for you.

ReputationRep:
    of course they are, extreme left and feminists ruin modern society so much.

ReputationRep:
    I don't recall a Conservative MP being stabbed to death in the street last year by a left wing nut job.

I don't recall a left wing terrorist murdering a Muslim and trying to bomb mosques with the intention of starting a race war.

I don't recall a crazy left winger bombing government buildings before systematically executing members of a youth group connected to a right wing political party in Norway.

As for driving a vehicle into Muslims, the political views and motives of the perpetrator will remain unknown until the case goes to trial.

A conservative may get upset because someone belonging to the SWP or whoever says something mean to them, but it is more extreme elements of the modern right (and of course Islamists) in the UK and Europe that we should be more concerned about.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.