The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Postgraduate applicant thread - 2018 entry

Hi everyone, are you thinking about a postgraduate or research degree?

This is a thread for all Nottingham Trent postgraduate applicants.

Feel free to use this forum for any help or advice regarding your course, the application process and anything relating to postgraduate life.

Here's a few questions to get things started:

What course are you applying for?

Where else are you thinking of applying?

Are you going to any open days?

Also, any questions for Matt?

Best of luck with your applications!

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

Scroll to see replies

What course are you applying for? MSc Chemistry (Professional Practice) SW.

Where else are you thinking of applying? nowhere only NTU

Are you going to any open days? yes. but haven't registered

Also, any questions for Matt? Can u help me with accommodations?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Sonia Sawant
What course are you applying for? MSc Chemistry (Professional Practice) SW.

Where else are you thinking of applying? nowhere only NTU

Are you going to any open days? yes. but haven't registered

Also, any questions for Matt? Can u help me with accommodations?

Hi Sonia

Fantastic news you're thinking of NTU for your Masters!

Of course I can help you with accommodation. First of all, do you have an idea of where you would like to stay? If you look at our Find NTU accommodation page and refine the search to 'Suitable for Postgraduate/Mature students' you will see a list of University accommodations that cater to Masters students.

As your subject is Chemistry, your lectures will be based on the Clifton Campus, so it could be worth looking at halls such as College Drive and New Hall.

Alternatively, you could commute from the city so City Campus residences may be worth looking as well.

You can also look at our Other accommodation page which can help you find private halls or studio flats if you don't want to stay in University owned halls.

Ultimately it will be down to your preference, whether you want to live on campus, and what you're looking at spending.

I hope this helps as a decent starting point, let me know if there's anything I can help with more specifically!

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.
Follow our Twitter for student news.
Explore our campuses with Instagram.
See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.
Original post by Postgraduate study at NTU
Hi Sonia

Fantastic news you're thinking of NTU for your Masters!

Of course I can help you with accommodation. First of all, do you have an idea of where you would like to stay? If you look at our Find NTU accommodation page and refine the search to 'Suitable for Postgraduate/Mature students' you will see a list of University accommodations that cater to Masters students.

As your subject is Chemistry, your lectures will be based on the Clifton Campus, so it could be worth looking at halls such as College Drive and New Hall.

Alternatively, you could commute from the city so City Campus residences may be worth looking as well.

You can also look at our Other accommodation page which can help you find private halls or studio flats if you don't want to stay in University owned halls.

Ultimately it will be down to your preference, whether you want to live on campus, and what you're looking at spending.

I hope this helps as a decent starting point, let me know if there's anything I can help with more specifically!

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

Hi,
Thank u for your reply
since i am an January intake there are less options for me in campus till July All are booked
i am looking for Studio type accommodation no sharing (twin sharing is fine).
can u help me with some safe secured off campus accommodations?
Hi,
Thank u for your reply
since i am an January intake there are less options for me in campus till July All are booked
i am looking for Studio type accommodation no sharing (twin sharing is fine).
can u help me with some safe secured off campus accommodations?

Hi Sonia

Of course. Our Flexible accommodation page which is mainly for January starters looks as though there is still some availability left.

I would suggest contacting our Accommodation team and speaking to them about what you are looking for as they will be able to advise you in much more detail - particularly about accommodations with studio flats and being safe as well! They will also know about availability of rooms as well much faster.

You can email them at: [email protected]

I hope this helps Sonia!

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

hi,
i would like to know the sites mentioned here for accommodations are they secure and safe? verified?
Hi Sonia

Of course. Our Flexible accommodation page which is mainly for January starters looks as though there is still some availability left.

I would suggest contacting our Accommodation team and speaking to them about what you are looking for as they will be able to advise you in much more detail - particularly about accommodations with studio flats and being safe as well! They will also know about availability of rooms as well much faster.

You can email them at: [email protected]

I hope this helps Sonia!

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

hi,
i would like to know the sites mentioned here for accommodations are they secure and safe? verified?
hi,

Hi Sonia

Yes these are all safe, secure and verified, these accommodation options are all owned by the University and so are up to a high standard.

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

Hi Sonia

Yes these are all safe, secure and verified, these accommodation options are all owned by the University and so are up to a high standard.

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

Hi,
Thank you for information
Are there anymore sites u can suggest?
Hi,
Thank you for information
Are there anymore sites u can suggest?

Hi Sonia

Not a problem.

Some of the private halls which NTU students live in may be worth looking at to see if they have any availability for January starts. These are:
- Goldsmith Court
- Trinity Square
- The Glasshouse

I hope you find this helpful!

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

Hi Sonia

Not a problem.

Some of the private halls which NTU students live in may be worth looking at to see if they have any availability for January starts. These are:
- Goldsmith Court
- Trinity Square
- The Glasshouse

I hope you find this helpful!

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

Hi,
Just went through sites
all are sold out..
anymore available?
Hi,
Just went through sites
all are sold out..
anymore available?

Hi Sonia

Definitely contact our Accommodation team, [email protected] they will be able to help you find a place and advise you in further detail about which accommodations are safe, secure and verified.

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

I am still facing the same dilemma. I am looking for a studio to move in. My full-time PhD studies start in Jan 2018. Most rooms I have checked so far aren't available.
Original post by ThePhdGrind
I am still facing the same dilemma. I am looking for a studio to move in. My full-time PhD studies start in Jan 2018. Most rooms I have checked so far aren't available.

Hi @ThePhdGrind

Where have you been looking so far?

If there are no spaces in Halls available I would still recommend contacting our Accommodation team - [email protected] - as they should still be able to help you find room in private halls/in the private sector.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on! :h:

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
Hi @ThePhdGrind

Where have you been looking so far?

If there are no spaces in Halls available I would still recommend contacting our Accommodation team - [email protected] - as they should still be able to help you find room in private halls/in the private sector.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on! :h:

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

Hey Matt,

I am incredibly sorry for my late reply. Thanks for your help. I did contact the accommodation team and found a studio at New Hall. It is expensive but will be convenient for me at this time of year until I familiarize myself with the city. Thanks again for your support.
Hey Matt,

I am incredibly sorry for my late reply. Thanks for your help. I did contact the accommodation team and found a studio at New Hall. It is expensive but will be convenient for me at this time of year until I familiarize myself with the city. Thanks again for your support.

Hi @ThePhdGrind

Sorry I was a bit delayed in getting back to you!

That's great you've found somewhere! At least being on campus you'll be close to everything you need.

Best of luck with your course, and always feel free to drop a question on here if you're unsure of anything! :h:

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
Hi I have a conditional offer for pgce in music!
Just wondering if you knew where my potential school placements would be? And where’s the best place to live if I’m at Clifton Campus for postgraduates :smile:
Original post by Shirleybnash
Hi I have a conditional offer for pgce in music!
Just wondering if you knew where my potential school placements would be? And where’s the best place to live if I’m at Clifton Campus for postgraduates :smile:

Hi @Shirleybnash

Congratulations on your offer with NTU! I hope you're excited.

I've just checked with a representative from our Institute of Education and this was her reply:

"PGCE students complete an initial placement in October for 1 week and then again before Easter for 3 months. These placements will be in one of our partner schools and will be arranged by NTU.

NTU will try and accommodate any requests if students wish to organise a placement independently but obviously nothing can be guaranteed as it depends on school requirements etc."

As far as PGCE placements for Music go, the four Schools with those placements available for the current academic year were:
- Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance, NG2 7QY
- Redhill Teaching School Alliance, NG5 8GX
- Shirebrook Academy, NG20 8QF
- The Minster Teaching School Alliance, NG25 0LG

If you're studying at Clifton you've got quite a few accommodation options available. If you wanted to live in Student Accommodation for postgraduates then there are rooms just for PG students at New Hall. College Drive is another accommodation for PG/mature students a little bit off campus. You could also live in Student accommodation on our City Campus such as Byron or Gill Street North and commute if you wanted to, or there are also a few private halls in the city as well like Trinity Square or Goldsmiths.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions?

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
Hi, I find that You are looking for studio in Nottingham. I have a studio in Gill Street North Hall of Residence, including a bed, a studying table, a dining table with 2 chairs, a full furniture bathroom and a kitchen with a microwave, a fridge. The official price is £157 per week all Bills and WIFI included BUT I WILL DISCOUNT TO 140 PER WEEK FOR YOU! the only reason for my leaving is I want to live with my friend. If you are interested in my room, Pls contact me. [email protected]
Hi all,

Got an offer for the MA in international relations! Excited :smile: Will probably come visit just to see the place!

Quick Reply

Latest