The Student Room Group

Time management

So I’ve just started my first year of A-Levels (all linear) and I’m taking,
Biology OCR 😫
Sociology AQA
and English Language also AQA.

I want to know that best way to manage my time so I can keep up with all three subjects. I’m at a bit of an advantage with my sociology as I have taken it at GCSE and no one else on my course has. But I know how hard Biology is going to be and I really need to get a B in it to get onto the Uni course I want to do.

Is there an amount of hours people generally spend each week to keep up with the work?
My school said for every hour you spend in a lesson you need to spend the same amount of time working on it. So my school would have 4 hours of a subject per day and they wanted you to spend 4 hours on it at home too. Which I'll say now was BS. You gotta shower, eat food, actually relax a little. You can't do 4 hours a night.

I typically did about 1-2 hours every other day during the week, then about 4 on weekends. I did biology OCR and I got a B but I felt like I had failed it. Biology is really challenging. I recommend creating a timetable where you dedicate a set amount of time to each subject and stick to it so you don't accidentally neglect one subject. Even though you're experienced in sociology, don't assume that it means you don't have to work as much for it because you do.

Quick Reply

Latest