idkwhatimdoingg
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi! I'm currently in s5 and I'm applying to uni this year. The courses I'm applying for are Applied Sports Science in Edinburgh, Sport and Exercise Science in Stirling, Physiology Sports Science and Nutrition in Glasgow, Physiology and Sports Science in Glasgow and Sport and Physical Activity in Strathclyde
The problem is I've chosen these courses because I find the content interesting but have no idea what i can do after I graduate. So my question is what can someone do with a sports science degree and no other qualifications and training?
answers from people who have actually found a job with their sports science degree or know someone who has will be extremely appreciated, but basically I just need all the advice i can get!
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by idkwhatimdoingg)
Hi! I'm currently in s5 and I'm applying to uni this year. The courses I'm applying for are Applied Sports Science in Edinburgh, Sport and Exercise Science in Stirling, Physiology Sports Science and Nutrition in Glasgow, Physiology and Sports Science in Glasgow and Sport and Physical Activity in Strathclyde
The problem is I've chosen these courses because I find the content interesting but have no idea what i can do after I graduate. So my question is what can someone do with a sports science degree and no other qualifications and training?
answers from people who have actually found a job with their sports science degree or know someone who has will be extremely appreciated, but basically I just need all the advice i can get!
Teach PE in a secondary school.

:P jk I dunno.
Arabidopsis
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Someone I know from school works for Hawkeye now, and spends her time travelling the world, at tennis tournaments mainly
Ruby1997
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm friends with a lot of sport science / sport science and physiology students at my uni and have met a few grads.
good news is - they're all employed haha. Mostly in further education doing;
-Physiotherapy, Nutrition, specific branches of medicine such as cardiac physiology (which require post grad training) (note that Physio is no longer NHS funded and because its a 2 year course you need to fund second year - around £10k, yourself)
-Primary school teaching or PGCE PE / Biology / Maths
-On the NHS scientist trainee programme
-Working in pharmaceuticals
-Training for personal trainer qualifications
-Someone is working in marketing in london earning mega ££
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (190)
38.62%
Take autumn exams (151)
30.69%
Look for a job (17)
3.46%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.27%
Take a year out (85)
17.28%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.69%

Watched Threads