The Student Room Group

Are GCSE resit papers similar to the original GCSE exam paper

I know they are not going to be the same but I'm going to resit GCSE Science A OCR 21st Century , will the questions be similar or completely different
Original post by The New Rebel
I know they are not going to be the same but I'm going to resit GCSE Science A OCR 21st Century , will the questions be similar or completely different

I would think it'd be a brand new paper, most likely a backup to the June ones (in case the real ones are leaked etc.).
As someone who's sat re-sits for GCSE History and Maths-Numeracy (Welsh qualification) I can tell you they're different papers. I wouldn't say they're slightly harder papers in terms of difficulty...they're about the same difficulty as the original you sat. I'd recommend thorough revision (I'm not assuming you didn't revise the first time, I'm just telling you to revise again). It may seem pointless if you already revised for your original exam/s but it'll be worth it when you get your results. I, for example, was entered in Year 10 for my Unit 2 History module, in which I had a D. After re-sitting this paper in Year 11 with the other two modules, I had an A in my re-sit paper. I also had a D in the November entry for Maths-Numeracy so I re-sat in exam season and had a C.
yes you have to resit next year unless you are doing maths or english lang where you can resite in November but its a new paper.

Quick Reply