The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Vs Lancaster

Hey! I'm applying for computer science but not sure whether to put down York or Lancaster (no space for both). They seem to be similar in terms of city size and collegiate system. Could anyone talk about them (the course or just the uni in general)? Help would much be appreciated ASAP because application is due next Sunday (Oxbridge deadline).
You can add your non-Oxbridge choices at a later date, so you don't need to decide right now :smile:

Having been to Lancaster (years ago!) for Roses (and attending York), Lancaster is far more separated from the town, so it depends on how important that is for you. I don't feel that I have enough up to date information to add anything else though
University of York
York
Original post by *Interrobang*
You can add your non-Oxbridge choices at a later date, so you don't need to decide right now :smile:

Having been to Lancaster (years ago!) for Roses (and attending York), Lancaster is far more separated from the town, so it depends on how important that is for you. I don't feel that I have enough up to date information to add anything else though

Exactly the same! Though I bet my 'years ago' exceed yours... 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ageshallnot
Exactly the same! Though I bet my 'years ago' exceed yours... 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wanna bet? :tongue:

Spoiler

Wanna bet? :tongue:

Spoiler

It would be unfair to take your money.

Beat you by almost three...

Decades! 😟

Posted from TSR Mobile
Having volunteered at the tourist information - York is the better city. Couple of clubs, beautiful scenery and easy access back home.

The campus has easy access to the city with buses every 5-10 minutes. I haven't been to the campus but from pictures it looks very nice and very well maintained.

I assume you're on about University of York (Heslington) and not St John, located just outside the city walls?
It would be unfair to take your money.

Beat you by almost three...

Decades! 😟

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow OK, fair enough! You don't get many people over the age of 25 on TSR, which is why I assume that most people are younger than me :lol:
Wow OK, fair enough! You don't get many people over the age of 25 on TSR, which is why I assume that most people are younger than me :lol:

A few of us are considerably more venerable than 25!

Posted from TSR Mobile
A few of us are considerably more venerable than 25!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know there are a few, but I certainly feel older than the majority of users so tend to default to most should be younger! I stand corrected in your case :smile:

Really??? OMG How has none of my teachers told me this
Original post by casual onion
Having volunteered at the tourist information - York is the better city. Couple of clubs, beautiful scenery and easy access back home.

The campus has easy access to the city with buses every 5-10 minutes. I haven't been to the campus but from pictures it looks very nice and very well maintained.

I assume you're on about University of York (Heslington) and not St John, located just outside the city walls?

Yeah, York Hes
Original post by nallencooper20
Really??? OMG How has none of my teachers told me this

I don't know. It may not be something they've not needed to worry about before! It took a bit of digging (mostly it was talking about if you had no offers and going through Extra!) but look here https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/filling-your-ucas-undergraduate-application under section 5 "You can choose up to five courses (all now or some later). There’s no preference order and your universities/colleges won’t see where else you’ve applied until after you reply to any offers you get" and then click on the "applying for medicine" section as well, which says it again
I don't know. It may not be something they've not needed to worry about before! It took a bit of digging (mostly it was talking about if you had no offers and going through Extra!) but look here https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/filling-your-ucas-undergraduate-application under section 5 "You can choose up to five courses (all now or some later). There’s no preference order and your universities/colleges won’t see where else you’ve applied until after you reply to any offers you get" and then click on the "applying for medicine" section as well, which says it again

Thank you so much xx, this solves everything
Original post by nallencooper20
Thank you so much xx, this solves everything

No worries :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending