My acrylic nails left dents in my real nails!!

Watch
Ascendxng
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I need help. I took my acrylic nails off after having them on for about 2 weeks. After talking them off I noticed that they left a couple of dents in my nails. What should I do??
Studygeekscience
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just let them grow out, paint them with nail varnish to strengthen them. They’ll be fine! I’ve never had fake nails again after this happened to me but nothing bad happens
stevienicks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The same happened to mine after applying fake nails. All my nails now have ridges. I think it's because when I put the false nails on, I placed the acrylic nail too far down the cuticle into the nail bed. Which has resulted in my nails being ridged. The only thing I can do is wait for them to grow out and then get them done professionally. Yes, buying fake nails is cheaper, but it's not worth the damage. Even if I apply nail varnish, it is still obvious.
sereneknight
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by stevienicks)
The same happened to mine after applying fake nails. All my nails now have ridges. I think it's because when I put the false nails on, I placed the acrylic nail too far down the cuticle into the nail bed. Which has resulted in my nails being ridged. The only thing I can do is wait for them to grow out and then get them done professionally. Yes, buying fake nails is cheaper, but it's not worth the damage. Even if I apply nail varnish, it is still obvious.
Did it grow out? I have one at the base of my nail that hasn’t grown out yet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
13.04%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (88)
27.33%
I'm a bit unsure (57)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (110)
34.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
7.76%

Watched Threads