The Student Room Group

Tips for as exams!

Hello! I'm giving CIE AS exams in the Oct/Nov session; first exam is in 7 days ahh.
I have Business, Economics and English Lit. Could you please give me some tips on getting those A's.
My prep is great so far but some general tips would be great.
Thanks in advance!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by aymen2000
Hello! I'm giving CIE AS exams in the Oct/Nov session; first exam is in 7 days ahh.
I have Business, Economics and English Lit. Could you please give me some tips on getting those A's.
My prep is great so far but some general tips would be great.
Thanks in advance!!

I haven't studied those subjects but what I would say is read up on the student handbook/circumulum for the course to make sure you do what is asked of you and what they are looking for in the exam. Also I would say that the chief examiner reports are good as they let you know what the top candidates did. Past papers in addition are a great tool for practicing. To achieve a top grade usually the examiner looks for high depth knowledge and also relevant issues/arguments outside of the ciriculum to show you have an interest in the subject. They like to see a bit of originality and flair. Make revision as easy as possible by learning info using methods that work in favour of your learning style. Sometimes a range of methods are beneficial so you don't get bored doing the same mundane revision techniques. Revising with a friend can be good if they are likeminded in wanting good grades them self. Good luck with your studies.
Reply 3
Original post by slee551
I haven't studied those subjects but what I would say is read up on the handbook/circumulum for the course to make sure you do what is asked of you and what they are looking for in the exam. Also I would say that the chief examiner reports are good as they let you know what the top candidates did. Past papers in addition are a great tool for practicing. To achieve a top grade usually the examiner looks for high depth knowledge and also relevant issues/arguments outside of the ciriculum to show you have an interest in the subject. They like to see a bit of originality and flair. Make revision as easy as possible by learning info using methods that work in favour of your learning style. Sometimes a range of methods are beneficial so you don't get bored doing the same mundane revision techniques. Revising with a friend can be good if they are likeminded in wanting good grades them self. Good luck with your studies.

Thank you !!! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by aymen2000
Thank you !!! :smile:

You are very welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest