Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tesco - rejection at very early stage Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I worked in Tesco last Christmas as a temp. I had no issues and worked every shift, arriving on time and working any overtime they asked me to do. I got on with everyone whilst there.

I have re-applied online via Tesco Careers this year but get rejected after the first stage. I'm not even getting as far as taking the Screening Test questions this time. Instead, I am rejected after filling in the personal details, education work history, skills and then answering 'no' to whether I have any criminal convictions. That's it - immediate unsuccessful outcome.

I have applied again using a different account but the same thing happens.
    I wouldn't as bothered if I got rejected after the screening test section but I'm not even getting to that part of the application. It is so frustrating!

Anyone had a similar experience or can offer any advice?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I did this too earlier since I saw a local Tesco. Weird cos I'd just done an interview ont he Friday so surely I meet the requirements lol.

Maybe too many applied already o---o -idk-

ReputationRep:
    Uhm I just received an email saying to reapply and that they have technical issues lol.

Just logged in on the Dahboard and it looks fine to me - says Incomplete \ o/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mokona)
    Uhm I just received an email saying to reapply and that they have technical issues lol.

Just logged in on the Dahboard and it looks fine to me - says Incomplete \ o/
    Thanks - just got it too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.