Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Student Finance - I notified my university and Student Finance England that I would be moving from part time study to full time, back in August. I've now sent all my forms and evidence numerous times, only to find an application for part time fees has been processed and approved! And yet on your own site, it states that I have withdrawn from the part time course and applied for finance for the full time course. (The letter about withdrawing---I haven't withdrawn from study, just transferred to a full time course at a different uni which is dated 28th September, never arrived.) I took a leap of faith and on the advice of both unis, moved into a university owned house with my family, and have been studying since the 15th September, but still have no money with which to pay the rent and fees? I've had numerous requests for id evidence (which I have sent many times) but still no response, until now - the part time tuition fees decision. Could someone sort this out for me please?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosyK)
    Hi Student Finance - I notified my university and Student Finance England that I would be moving from part time study to full time, back in August. I've now sent all my forms and evidence numerous times, only to find an application for part time fees has been processed and approved! And yet on your own site, it states that I have withdrawn from the part time course and applied for finance for the full time course. (The letter about withdrawing---I haven't withdrawn from study, just transferred to a full time course at a different uni which is dated 28th September, never arrived.) I took a leap of faith and on the advice of both unis, moved into a university owned house with my family, and have been studying since the 15th September, but still have no money with which to pay the rent and fees? I've had numerous requests for id evidence (which I have sent many times) but still no response, until now - the part time tuition fees decision. Could someone sort this out for me please?
    Hi Rosy,

When did you send in your Full time application form for 2017/18 to Student Finance and what ID did you send and when did you last send it?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise E SFE)
    Hi Rosy,

When did you send in your Full time application form for 2017/18 to Student Finance and what ID did you send and when did you last send it?

Thanks
    Hi Louise,
    I applied on 15th August 2017 (a month before the part time course I was on finished) for full time support. I transferred from one uni to the other with a transcript. From August onwards Student Finance England have received (and acknowledged by post & sent back) My birth certificate (twice), my marriage certificate, my daughter's birth certificate, an ID referee form (three times, all different people because they were rejected due to being a/ too old b/guilty of using a mobile for work calls- he's onsite as a construction technical adviser etc.), Three council tax statements showing my single discount, name and address and my current uni has confirmed I am studying with them. Previous part time uni has confirmed (in August) that I have transferred. My online finance account recorded a 'withdrawal' from my part time uni and my application for full time support appeared on there almost immediately after I applied. Today, in the post, I received a statement showing that I have been awarded part time tuition fees for my old uni. Not sure what more I can do, except perhaps turn up at your office with the principals of both unis my 90 year old parents and a dna sample?! Meanwhile, I'm in a uni owned house with my family, and we're surviving with the help of other students and not paying the rent.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosyK)
    Hi Louise,
    I applied on 15th August 2017 (a month before the part time course I was on finished) for full time support. I transferred from one uni to the other with a transcript. From August onwards Student Finance England have received (and acknowledged by post & sent back) My birth certificate (twice), my marriage certificate, my daughter's birth certificate, an ID referee form (three times, all different people because they were rejected due to being a/ too old b/guilty of using a mobile for work calls- he's onsite as a construction technical adviser etc.), Three council tax statements showing my single discount, name and address and my current uni has confirmed I am studying with them. Previous part time uni has confirmed (in August) that I have transferred. My online finance account recorded a 'withdrawal' from my part time uni and my application for full time support appeared on there almost immediately after I applied. Today, in the post, I received a statement showing that I have been awarded part time tuition fees for my old uni. Not sure what more I can do, except perhaps turn up at your office with the principals of both unis my 90 year old parents and a dna sample?! Meanwhile, I'm in a uni owned house with my family, and we're surviving with the help of other students and not paying the rent.
    Hi RosyK;

We would advise that you call us on Tel: 0300 100 0607 so that we can check your application.

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Thanks Katie

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.