Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I get kicked out for missing most of the first two weeks? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've attended a couple days, but I've missed a majority of the first two weeks. About 4 in total. I've had major anxiety episodes that have stopped me from being able to attend. Couple that with the fact that I'm not sure which rooms all my lectures and seminars take place (the timetable is kind of vague) and I'm panicking a bit. Am I just overthink this? I'm a hard worker so I'm sure I can catch up in no time but I am concerned...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to mention that I'm doing a bachelor's in art and design, so I'm not sure if they're any more/less lenient.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamediEtDimanche)
    I've attended a couple days, but I've missed a majority of the first two weeks. About 4 in total. I've had major anxiety episodes that have stopped me from being able to attend. Couple that with the fact that I'm not sure which rooms all my lectures and seminars take place (the timetable is kind of vague) and I'm panicking a bit. Am I just overthink this? I'm a hard worker so I'm sure I can catch up in no time but I am concerned...
    Reach out to your support services. There might be some disciplinary actions if you do not decide to tell anyone, but more importantly you need to ensure that you're receiving the support necessary to succeed. Most universities will have services or accommodations put into place to assist those with a wide variety of difficulties, including mental health issues. Reach out, you are not alone.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamediEtDimanche)
    Hey,

The best thing you can do is to reach out. Get in contact with your course leader, your student support team, your tutor etc. - all these people will be able to help and will understand the position you're in. There is lots of support in place at University, so be sure to make use of it!

As the above poster said, you are not alone and you will be fine!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

ReputationRep:
    Same thing is happening with me, I havent gone to any of my lectures so far because I have no idea where they are and I am too scared to leave my room atm

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.