Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

This has been asked a couple of times but the only information I could find was a couple of years old so I thought I'd ask again. It looks like I may want to drop out of the PGCE so I can chase a dream job placement that lasts for 5 months this year which I can only do now, I believe will develop me personally and professionally and is a once in a lifetime chance. This is an incredibly difficult decision to make since becoming a teacher is still my lifelong goal, it's just that this other opportunity can only be taken now.

I was wondering if I drop out will I still be able to apply for student finance to fund my PGCE in the year 18/19 despite having already partly had it this year. Is it only possible in circumstances of exceptional medical or personal misfortune for example? Or is it even possible to get funded again at all?

Many thanks,

Moricatar
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by moricatar)
    Hi there,

This has been asked a couple of times but the only information I could find was a couple of years old so I thought I'd ask again. It looks like I may want to drop out of the PGCE so I can chase a dream job placement that lasts for 5 months this year which I can only do now, I believe will develop me personally and professionally and is a once in a lifetime chance. This is an incredibly difficult decision to make since becoming a teacher is still my lifelong goal, it's just that this other opportunity can only be taken now.

I was wondering if I drop out will I still be able to apply for student finance to fund my PGCE in the year 18/19 despite having already partly had it this year. Is it only possible in circumstances of exceptional medical or personal misfortune for example? Or is it even possible to get funded again at all?

Many thanks,

Moricatar
    Hi Moricatar,

Based on the Information that you have provided and you do not already hold QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) if you have to repeat your PGCE ,Student Finance would offer full funding.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.