Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For a big roundabout (3 lanes width), if you want to take the 4th exit which is on the far right, I know you should start off on the right lane. As you drive round, you drift over one lane at a time, right?

Do you indicate left for drifting on lane across? Or do you only indicate left when you have passed the exit before the one you want to go to?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do believe you drift over gradually, that's what I've seen my dad do. And you should indicate because what if there's another driver in the lane you're drifting into? You could cause a big accident. But turn your signal off once you've drifted. And then yes indicate left when you actually leave the roundabout.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    yeah - drift as you go.
    -> third lane entering the roundabout
    -> start indicating left as / after you pass the first exit
    -> move over to second lane as you pass the second exit
    -> indicate and move to first lane as you pass the third exit
    -> now you're in the right lane to take the exit :-)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepless steve)
    For a big roundabout (3 lanes width), if you want to take the 4th exit which is on the far right, I know you should start off on the right lane. As you drive round, you drift over one lane at a time, right?

Do you indicate left for drifting on lane across? Or do you only indicate left when you have passed the exit before the one you want to go to?
    Why would you be drifting through lanes? Surely you should be staying in whichever lane takes you to your exit...?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.