Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My first university assignment (we’re not getting graded on them) is “what have you most enjoyed about your course so far and why? And what has most surprised you about your course and why?”. We have to write in an academic style and in third person. How do I go about answering a question about my personal experience in third person?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeahWilliams09)
    My first university assignment (we’re not getting graded on them) is “what have you most enjoyed about your course so far and why? And what has most surprised you about your course and why?”. We have to write in an academic style and in third person. How do I go about answering a question about my personal experience in third person?
    I'd say just write it initially in the first person to get your answers down. Then edit it into a third person report.

Don't worry too much - just do your best. It sounds like this is an assignment to help you get used to academic writing rather than anything they expect you to be perfect with from the start.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.