Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've been on and off the phone to student finance for about a month and a half and my issue hasn't been resolved yet. Student finance wrongly had my placement down as paid, so the amount of loan I have been given is significantly reduced compared to usual. My placement is actually unpaid so I should be receiving the same amount of money as in my previous 2 years of uni (this is confirmed because other course mates are doing exactly the same placement to me and are receiving the full amount). My uni sent a letter to student finance confirming it is unpaid.

Student finance have now asked for my university to send an 'electronic task' to them and I have no idea what this is and neither does my university - the uni finance department said they can't liaise with student finance as it is an external company. No other course mates have been asked to do this.

I'm super fed up of ringing student finance as I have done about 10 times and it's still not resolved and is costing me money to call - so what exactly do I need to do to get my amount changed? (currently don't have enough to live off).

Has anyone else had this prob/know what to do?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claredavis1995)
    Hi,

I've been on and off the phone to student finance for about a month and a half and my issue hasn't been resolved yet. Student finance wrongly had my placement down as paid, so the amount of loan I have been given is significantly reduced compared to usual. My placement is actually unpaid so I should be receiving the same amount of money as in my previous 2 years of uni (this is confirmed because other course mates are doing exactly the same placement to me and are receiving the full amount). My uni sent a letter to student finance confirming it is unpaid.

Student finance have now asked for my university to send an 'electronic task' to them and I have no idea what this is and neither does my university - the uni finance department said they can't liaise with student finance as it is an external company. No other course mates have been asked to do this.

I'm super fed up of ringing student finance as I have done about 10 times and it's still not resolved and is costing me money to call - so what exactly do I need to do to get my amount changed? (currently don't have enough to live off).

Has anyone else had this prob/know what to do?
    Hi Clare,

An 'electronic task' is a request to make a specif change or to confirm a change to a student's application, which we require from the University. The University send this electronic request to Student Finance directly usually to confirm a change of circumstances. (In your case, confirmation of unpaid placement) Student Services or the registration office would usually send this confirmation.
    You can also set up 'Consent to share' on your Student Finance account for a third party to have access to your account,this can be set up by calling SFE on 0300 100 0607 and will take a few minutes.
    This can be set up for your University or University student advisor ,so that they can deal with your account on your behalf.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.