Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My relation ship with my mum is a wreck Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been at my all time low for the last few months, I was at uni in brighton and `then that failed and moved to my dads for a while then that went bad and now i am back home with my mum and we are not getting on. I need to find somewhere else to live soon as our relationship has reached boiling point. my anxiety is getting worse by the day after starting a new medication I have been a mess barely holding a job. I was going to voluntarily section myself but I don't see how that will help me. I wish I was not here, I hate this situation and I hate how much me and my mum are drifting a part

ReputationRep:
    Do you have friends or other family members you can live with temporarily? I think that you need to concentrate on getting your health better. Have you seen a doctor or psychologist?

After that, try to go back to study or go into work, save money and find a place of your own. I am not sure what the causes of your arguments with your parents are, it could down to the negative situation. If you try your best to get better and become more independent, your parents will worry less about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReaLopez)
    I have been at my all time low for the last few months, I was at uni in brighton and `then that failed and moved to my dads for a while then that went bad and now i am back home with my mum and we are not getting on. I need to find somewhere else to live soon as our relationship has reached boiling point. my anxiety is getting worse by the day after starting a new medication I have been a mess barely holding a job. I was going to voluntarily section myself but I don't see how that will help me. I wish I was not here, I hate this situation and I hate how much me and my mum are drifting a part
    What's the reason for the animosity between you and mum?

Has your relationship with her always been strained, or is there a root cause?

ReputationRep:
    My relatinship has always been strained with my mum ever since my mum and dad split, we moved to leicester in that time i was a wreck like my siblings. we moved to leicester and in a few years of living in our new home ; mum found love and met my stepdad. I gave him and everyone a hard tiime for a long time. since i was a child before i moved i was a problem child always causing problems with my temper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Do you have friends or other family members you can live with temporarily? I think that you need to concentrate on getting your health better. Have you seen a doctor or psychologist?

After that, try to go back to study or go into work, save money and find a place of your own. I am not sure what the causes of your arguments with your parents are, it could down to the negative situation. If you try your best to get better and become more independent, your parents will worry less about you.
    I don't have anyone to stay with like you said i have to save money and find somewhere else to live

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.