The Student Room Group

Personal statement

I am applying to 2 London unis to study Dentistry (one of the unis offers 2 courses) and so I'm also applying for radiography as my remaining choices, in which the unis i am choosing to apply to do radiography at have said its fine to send a separate personal statement. I've begun to write the new personal statement but it is quite similar to my Dentistry one (a few things are exactly the same). Is that a problem, and should i try and make it as different as possible?
It would be better to do them completely different. If you're going through UCAS, the check for plagiarism, so they may pick up on your other PS and you may not be allowed to go to University in this rotation due to 'Plagiarism' - Silly because it is your writing both times, but I don't think the system will know that.
Original post by Aysha Begum
I am applying to 2 London unis to study Dentistry (one of the unis offers 2 courses) and so I'm also applying for radiography as my remaining choices, in which the unis i am choosing to apply to do radiography at have said its fine to send a separate personal statement. I've begun to write the new personal statement but it is quite similar to my Dentistry one (a few things are exactly the same). Is that a problem, and should i try and make it as different as possible?

Original post by MorgzC
It would be better to do them completely different. If you're going through UCAS, the check for plagiarism, so they may pick up on your other PS and you may not be allowed to go to University in this rotation due to 'Plagiarism' - Silly because it is your writing both times, but I don't think the system will know that.

Your second PS will most likely be emailled to them (there isn't a function to submit a second via UCAS) so it will be fine to have some overlap.

Quick Reply

Latest