The Student Room Group

Chosen the wrong degree and now don't know what to do, help!

I am a second year Law student. I managed to get a 2:1 in my first year, but struggled to understand most of it and relied on help from my peers to pass and structured e the essays. Since starting second year, the work load has increased and my understanding of the topics is even more minimal than last year. I fear that I have chosen the wrong degree. I have always been very sporty and into fitness, but stopped whilst at college, which obviously influenced me into pursuing other areas. However, since I have started university I am back going to the gym and doing sport and have realised that this is my passion. I would greatly prefer a more 'active' career, as a personal trainer, gym instructor or PE teacher, but fear I have lost my opportunity to do so since my degree is so palpably different from what I now want to do. I find myself struggling to concentrate in the lectures and would much rather be outside or at a spin class, but I don't want to disappoint my family so will endeavour to finish the degree. It's just when I finish I have no idea what I wish to do, or how I can get into the vocation I want in the easiest possible way. I obviously don't want to have wasted these three years but I really am fast losing interest in y course and find it far too heavy to take in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Why don’t you start of by getting a part time job in a gym?

Quick Reply

Latest