Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have intentions of pursuing an LLM (Oil, Gas & Energy Law) and I'm currently stuck between NTU and Coventry.
    I'm an international student(African) and I've find the price of the courses is manageable.
    My points to consider;
    1. The probability of working part-time cause it'll constitute a huge chunk of my upkeep
    2. The living costs
    3. The reputation of the university and likelihood of employment
    4. Of course the lifestyle 😊

I'm open to all suggestions...SHOOT
    Thanks!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timothykaz)
    I have intentions of pursuing an LLM (Oil, Gas & Energy Law) and I'm currently stuck between NTU and Coventry.
    I'm an international student(African) and I've find the price of the courses is manageable.
    My points to consider;
    1. The probability of working part-time cause it'll constitute a huge chunk of my upkeep
    2. The living costs
    3. The reputation of the university and likelihood of employment
    4. Of course the lifestyle 😊

I'm open to all suggestions...SHOOT
    Thanks!
    Hi @timothykaz

That's great to hear you're thinking of studying with us at NTU!

In regards to your points, I hope I can give you some decent help.
    1. NTU has a brilliant part-time work website futurehub which offers loads of flexible part-time work to support you during your studies, so many of my friends used it when they did their Masters and it really helped them out.
    2. Nottingham is quite an affordable place to live, I've always found it quite easy to get by, there are accommodation options for all budgets whether with NTU or privately, and transport's reasonably priced as well.
    3. NTU is definitely growing its reputation, it's recently been awarded the Times Modern University of the Year award, but it's more renowned for its links with industry and it has a very high employment rate of 96% for postgraduate students who find a graduate level role within 6 months of leaving the university.
    4. The lifestyle was probably my favourite part of studying at NTU. There is so much to do, whether that's going out for food, going to clubs, shopping, or cafes, there are hundreds of things to do and they're all so close to each other. For a city, Nottingham is extremely walkable and you're never far from something fun!

I hope this has helped a bit, if you have anymore questions, about the course or otherwise don't hesitate to let me know and I'll do my best to help out!

Cheers

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep

Connect with NTU
    Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.
    Follow our Twitter for student news.
    Explore our campuses with Instagram.
    See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham Trent without question.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.