The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I just got the R&R Form too!
I need to clarify something. can I say that I am part of a fundraising team that help fundraise for a cancer charity. can that go in the R&R form? is it relevant?
Hi guys I know Keele say they don't score shadowing and so I won't write about it in the main part of the form, but should I list it in my work experiences? As I have a spare role section I could put it in, just to let them know I did it. Is anyone else thinking of putting shadowing in or can offer advice?
Reply 23
I am doing my R&R form for Keele. I have more than four experiences (one of those is 2 years) which I want to put down. it was during university and they have stopped the scheme now and I am not sure if they will be able to get a reference if I put it on my R&R form as I have emailed them and got no reply. should I put it down as a work experience? what do you guys think? anyone from Keele who could tell me on how they ask referees for reference on R&R as I could go to uni and speak to someone.
Original post by melodylucia
Hi guys I know Keele say they don't score shadowing and so I won't write about it in the main part of the form, but should I list it in my work experiences? As I have a spare role section I could put it in, just to let them know I did it. Is anyone else thinking of putting shadowing in or can offer advice?

I've put 'shadowing' as a role undertaken for one of my experiences in the first part of my form- not sure if it's gonna make them hate me though.
Reply 25
Hey guys I’m a little confused! Do we have to answer the questions based on the work experiences we put down? Or is that only for the first question? It’s a bit confusing because t only says specifically in the first question to refer to section 1.
Hi People!

I've also applied to Keele, fingers crossed now!

Stats:
605 UKCAT Average
GCSEs: 2A*s 5As 3Bs 1C
AS-Levels: ABBC
(B in Biology was 1 mark off A and C in Chemistry was 1 mark off B)
Predictions: A*A*A

Also have bucket loads of work experience... Hoping this is enough!!
GCSE: 4A* 3A 4B
AS: AAB
A2 pred: A*A*A
UKCAT: 635 Band 3
Not sure how to fill in the R&R form!
Reply 28
Hi, I'm about to fill in the r&r form but slightly confused.

Presumably I can mention work ex and volunteering that was on my personal statement - do they read both and if so do I need to find different experiences and situations?
thanks
Original post by n j c
Hi, I'm about to fill in the r&r form but slightly confused.

Presumably I can mention work ex and volunteering that was on my personal statement - do they read both and if so do I need to find different experiences and situations?
thanks

They don't read your personal statement in the initial selection. However there will be an MMI station which will discuss it. For the R and R for form just pretend your personal statement doesn't exist.
not too sure what to write for question 1 on the RnR form. Also i did one of my work experiences a long time ago so i dont know if my referee will remember me :frown: lol. `how is the rnr form used anyways?
Original post by HateOCR
not too sure what to write for question 1 on the RnR form. Also i did one of my work experiences a long time ago so i dont know if my referee will remember me :frown: lol. `how is the rnr form used anyways?

When say question one do you mean the work experience section with 4 insert boxes or the first longer answer question?
Original post by TRAnders
When say question one do you mean the work experience section with 4 insert boxes or the first longer answer question?

first long answer question on what i actually did. Also what are the values of the NHS constitution?
Original post by SomersetSKB
Hi! Trying to make 4th choice. Could be Keele but concerned that offer will be A*AA - is it always? Meet GCSE & UKCAT requirements. Happy with R&R form so offer is my main concern. Predicted A*AA but could do without the pressure. Thx.

Hi, I'm no expert but I went to a Medicine talk at the open day in July, and the man who was speaking to us said that the offer is A*AA but he said he was expecting a lot of people who'd received an A*AA offer to be let in anyway if they got AAA. I wouldn't just assume that you'll get in with AAA, you might not, but it might help relieve the pressure a bit knowing there is a chance still :smile:
Original post by HateOCR
first long answer question on what i actually did. Also what are the values of the NHS constitution?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you're wanting to study medicine one of the first things you should've done was at least had a glance at the NHS Constitution. Everything is written really nicely and simply- all you have to do is google it.
Reply 35
Any graduates applying to keele? Fellow graduate here 🙋🏻
Original post by Ain0208
Any graduates applying to keele? Fellow graduate here 🙋🏻

Yes I am :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by 10LFC10
Yes I am :smile:

Good luck! Where else have you applied?
Original post by Ain0208
Good luck! Where else have you applied?

You too!

My others are graduate entry :smile:

How about yourself?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by _Arianna
Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you're wanting to study medicine one of the first things you should've done was at least had a glance at the NHS Constitution. Everything is written really nicely and simply- all you have to do is google it.

Sorry i will do that now.

Latest

Trending

Trending