The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Keele is my 2nd last uni. Hoping to get an interview or im on edge of having to take a gap year.
Original post by HateOCR
Keele is my 2nd last uni. Hoping to get an interview or im on edge of having to take a gap year.

Have you heard from any? Keele is my only hope too. Applied to Leicester, Sheffield, Liverpool and Keele. Not brilliant GCSCs average UKCAT. I didn't meet the cutoff for Sheffield UKCAT probably they've forwarded mine to Biomed. Leicester my score is 53, so no hope. Banking on Keele
Original post by Ukmedicine
Have you heard from any? Keele is my only hope too. Applied to Leicester, Sheffield, Liverpool and Keele. Not brilliant GCSCs average UKCAT. I didn't meet the cutoff for Sheffield UKCAT probably they've forwarded mine to Biomed. Leicester my score is 53, so no hope. Banking on Keele

My friend got in with 54 so theres hope. I didnt hear from keele yet and same with liverpool but got rejected from exeter and st georges
Original post by HateOCR
My friend got in with 54 so theres hope. I didnt hear from keele yet and same with liverpool but got rejected from exeter and st georges

What scores do you mean for 55 and 54? GAMSAT?
Original post by HateOCR

Fingers crossed you'll get in to Keele.
Your friend school leaver or graduate?
Original post by Ukmedicine
Fingers crossed you'll get in to Keele.
Your friend school leaver or graduate?

School leaver but this was for last year.
Latest from Keele is that they have started sending out rejection and by December they said they will have completed the interview notification and rejection process to those who applied to read medicine for 2018 entry. Good luck
Original post by Pytha Fermat
Latest from Keele is that they have started sending out rejection and by December they said they will have completed the interview notification and rejection process to those who applied to read medicine for 2018 entry. Good luck

Only 3 days left - I wish they’d just hurry up and tell me to go bog off :-/
Original post by Potentialmedic?!
Only 3 days left - I wish they’d just hurry up and tell me to go bog off :-/

Omg I feel the exact same!!

So we would definitely find out within the next 3 days?
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
That's what put me off Keele. There isn't much going on outside the university to be honest. Also, I found the entry criteria and selection quite vague too. You need to consider that you might be spending 5 years there.

I was at Keele last year but I really didn't like it as I felt claustrophobic as the campus is tiny and didn't have much going on, plus the nearby town is dead too. However keele is great for teaching and other aspects. I moved from keele this September to the uni I'm currently at and I'm enjoying it a lot more
Reply 151

Thanks for the update 😊..did you email them or was this on their website ?
I've just received an interview for 18 Dec 2017. To anyone who has an interview: message me so we can prepare together!!
Original post by Sm396
Thanks for the update 😊..did you email them or was this on their website ?

I spoke with the admissions direct this afternoon. Good luck
Reply 154
Original post by Oluwajude
I've just received an interview for 18 Dec 2017. To anyone who has an interview: message me so we can prepare together!!

Well done ! Are you a gap year student ? And please share your stats😊
Original post by Sm396
Well done ! Are you a gap year student ? And please share your stats😊

Thanks!
I'm a Biomed graduate (2:1)
A levels: A*ABBbb (B's in Bio and Chem)
GCSE: 5As 5Bs + Dist* in my BTEC as well
UKCAT: 690 Band 2

Not the most impressive stats, but i think my work experience and R&R sold it for me

Good luck to you all
Reply 156
Thanks!
I'm a Biomed graduate (2:1)
A levels: A*ABBbb (B's in Bio and Chem)
GCSE: 5As 5Bs + Dist* in my BTEC as well
UKCAT: 690 Band 2

Not the most impressive stats, but i think my work experience and R&R sold it for me

Good luck to you all

😁 How many hours of volunteering did you have in the R and R ?
Original post by Sm396
😁 How many hours of volunteering did you have in the R and R ?

Approximately zero.
Reply 158
Approximately zero.

Oh! 😂😂 I thought the R and R form involved mainly volunteering and Keele dominantly looked at this ??
Original post by Sm396
Oh! 😂😂 I thought the R and R form involved mainly volunteering and Keele dominantly looked at this ??

It doesn't say anywhere it has to exclusively be volunteering. It just says work experience, even if it's not within health care. You can gain valuable hands-on experience outside of the health sector; working closely with doctors and within clinical research whilst gain necessary skills, plus get paid for it. I chose that option.

Latest

Trending

Trending