Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How demanding would a joint honours degree in Psychology and Neuroscience be at a top UK university? I aim to pursuit a career in Psychology in the future but I feel that Neuroscience could set me apart from people with a single honours degree in Psychology in the job market – is this smart thinking or would it not matter? I have met the entry requirements for both Psychology and Neuroscience and although I got an A in biology, and I enjoyed the biology course in school, I'm actually not naturally great at the subject so should I just stick to a single honours degree in Psychology?
    Edit: I also need to get a 2:1 in my degrees and I assume this would be easier with a single honours degree because you get more breadth in your chosen subject and have more time to focus on it?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liukangvsryu)
    How demanding would a joint honours degree in Psychology and Neuroscience be at a top UK university? I aim to pursuit a career in Psychology in the future but I feel that Neuroscience could set me apart from people with a single honours degree in Psychology in the job market – is this smart thinking or would it not matter? I have met the entry requirements for both Psychology and Neuroscience and although I got an A in biology, and I enjoyed the biology course in school, I'm actually not naturally great at the subject so should I just stick to a single honours degree in Psychology?
    Edit: I also need to get a 2:1 in my degrees and I assume this would be easier with a single honours degree because you get more breadth in your chosen subject and have more time to focus on it?
    A joint honours isn't just double the work. You will have time to focus on both subjects and on the links between the two. It will also be nice to cover both subject areas if you want to stay in the field.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.