Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a second year Law student. I managed to get a 2:1 in my first year, but struggled to understand most of it and relied on help from my peers to pass and structured e the essays. Since starting second year, the work load has increased and my understanding of the topics is even more minimal than last year. I fear that I have chosen the wrong degree. I have always been very sporty and into fitness, but stopped whilst at college, which obviously influenced me into pursuing other areas. However, since I have started university I am back going to the gym and doing sport and have realised that this is my passion. I would greatly prefer a more 'active' career, as a personal trainer, gym instructor or PE teacher, but fear I have lost my opportunity to do so since my degree is so palpably different from what I now want to do. I find myself struggling to concentrate in the lectures and would much rather be outside or at a spin class, but I don't want to disappoint my family so will endeavour to finish the degree. It's just when I finish I have no idea what I wish to do, or how I can get into the vocation I want in the easiest possible way. I obviously don't want to have wasted these three years but I really am fast losing interest in y course and find it far too heavy to take in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    You are finding it harder because you have already given in. The degree is really not that bloody hard.

Study smart, not hard, and you're laughing. Spot questions and revise only the topics you're going to answer in the exam; go principles first and pack out the principles with case law. Your knowledge won't be as comprehensive, but you will find your degree much more manageable.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.