Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am an international student with 9 A* for GCSE, A levels predicted at 3 A* for chem, maths and physics. decent work experience shadowing and in and A&E department. I also have a very broad extra curricular, musical, drama, MUN, and sport. What are my chances realistically of getting a place at Oxford for Med seeing as you only have less than a dozen places? and what score would I need for BMAT to have a chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niroabs1989)
    I am an international student with 9 A* for GCSE, A levels predicted at 3 A* for chem, maths and physics. decent work experience shadowing and in and A&E department. I also have a very broad extra curricular, musical, drama, MUN, and sport. What are my chances realistically of getting a place at Oxford for Med seeing as you only have less than a dozen places? and what score would I need for BMAT to have a chance?

I am in a similar situation to you. Same stats as well. I would advise not to apply to Oxford as they have 255 international applicants for one place. Cambridge is a better choice as they have 20 places for international students.

ReputationRep:
    How to say?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You are so talented.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    lmh oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshchamp125)
    I am in a similar situation to you. Same stats as well. I would advise not to apply to Oxford as they have 255 international applicants for one place. Cambridge is a better choice as they have 20 places for international students.
    i don't have A level Bio and Cambridge seem to prefer this when you look on their website.

ReputationRep:
    i don't have A level Bio and Cambridge seem to prefer this when you look on their website.
    Yea but it's a risk so it's up to you. Name:  IMG_0966.PNG
Views: 33
Size:  123.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshchamp125)
    Yea but it's a risk so it's up to you. Name:  IMG_0966.PNG
Views: 33
Size:  123.7 KB
    this is so damn difficult to know what to do. thanks for the advice though.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Bio isn't required by Cambridge. Chem is. + 2 more sciences with Maths and Physics satisfying that requirement.

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...urses/medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    this is so damn difficult to know what to do. thanks for the advice though.
    Good luck! Hope it goes well!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.