The Student Room Group

University offers unconditional offers for Economics

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by JayPatelAFC
I'm applying to university this year and have already completed two of my A-Levels (both Bs) so I am currently on a gap year whilst finishing off one of my A-levels (I got an A in AS for it)

The Universities I intend to apply for require either AAB, ABB or BBB. Is applying for a university that wants AAB overly ambitious? Also, do i have a good chance of getting an unconditional offer from the universities that require ABB or lower ( I already have the two Bs)

Thanks!

1. You are asking them to give you an offer lower than their stated standard. Theres a chance and you can try but theres no guarantee, so dont do more hen two that way imo.

2. No I dont think they would five you an unconditional, but it largely depends on having great GCSE's and applying to unis much further down the food chain.
With two achieved B grades you have already proved you are not up to required academic standard. At best you are going to have ABB in August. You will not be considered for an AAB course simply because there is zero chance of you getting the required grades.

You wont get Unconditional offers because you don't yet have the required grades. Taking three years to get what most other people easily manage in two isnt a good look academically - so why do you think any Uni would see you as a preferential candidate?

ABB or BBB possibly, but forget anything above that.
Original post by returnmigrant
With two achieved B grades you have already proved you are not up to required academic standard. At best you are going to have ABB in August. You will not be considered for an AAB course simply because there is zero chance of you getting the required grades.

You wont get Unconditional offers because you don't yet have the required grades. Taking three years to get what most other people easily manage in two isnt a good look academically - so why do you think any Uni would see you as a preferential candidate?

ABB or BBB possibly, but forget anything above that.

Demotivating Devil.
Hi there, it is possible you may get an uncond offer but with one grade not finalised, it is less likely. You would be better to simply focus on finding unis you want to go to. Given your grades, you could take a punt at an AAB entry, but dont bank on this. You have 5 choices, so should also focus on unis with entry matching your likely grades too, and one below in case you have a bad day at the office come exam time. If you achieve ABB, thats a good result. Good luck with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending