Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I plan to take Game art design within London, though specifically focusing on the art side of things, yet I find myself struggling to find courses that are specifically for the art side of things, and those I do either seem impossible to get into due to the way example portfolios put mine to shame.. Any advice/suggestions for places?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by UnnNorm)
    I plan to take Game art design within London, though specifically focusing on the art side of things, yet I find myself struggling to find courses that are specifically for the art side of things, and those I do either seem impossible to get into due to the way example portfolios put mine to shame.. Any advice/suggestions for places?
    You have two issues.

1. Id which courses might be suitable and thats up to you to do the research and look at uni websites. Fortunately there arent that many in London as compared to the UK. use the ucas course finder and it lets you search by area.

I think there are limited courses
    https://digital.ucas.com/search/resu...rrentView=List
    in London for what you require.

2. Getting in and acquiring a decent portfolio. You should have started planning this earlier. If you believe you have the talent then imo take a gap year and apply later. You can create a portfolio in the gap year.

They might be more lenient if you do a foundation year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.