Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling super homesick today for no reason. I'm a second year and have lived away from home since first year freshers, but for some reason today I just got a really overwhelming bout of homesickness. Any cheering up would really appreciated because I feel awful and nothing seems to be helping
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaRebecca1997)
    I'm feeling super homesick today for no reason. I'm a second year and have lived away from home since first year freshers, but for some reason today I just got a really overwhelming bout of homesickness. Any cheering up would really appreciated because I feel awful and nothing seems to be helping
    Skype people from home?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaRebecca1997)
    Hey, hope youre feeling better now. I lived away too so know it can be tough. ask a friend to come round if you feel like that again? Or call a confidential helpline like Samaritans - they're not just for suicidal people you can talk about anything you are worried about. The number is 166123 .

ReputationRep:
    It may be transient (sometimes just having had a few drinks the night before can put you in a rotten mood for the next day - alcohol is known as a depressant for good reason) - it may be just the seasons and increasing lack of daylight at this time of year. It might be nostalgia.

Or if it persists, theres help, friends, the Samaritans as has been said above, counselling.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.