Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Dear Student Finance England,

I'm an European citizen starting my first year Bachelor in Economics in a German University. The reason I am writing you is because I am interested in doing my second year abroad in UK - however the universities I'm interested in are not partnered through Erasmus with my Uni.

Nevertheless, I have already checked the universities of my interest for an year abroad, and I can apply and attend my second year in UK as a "free-mover" instead as an "erasmus" student - however, this means I would have to pay the tuition fee by myself.

Is it then possible for an EU Citizen, who studies in another Uni in Europe, get access for a UK Government Loan for the tuition fee for only one year (my exchange year) and not only for three-years bachelor programs?

I kindly thank you for your time and help,
    Best regards,
    Vitoria
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vito.lima)
    Dear Student Finance England,

I'm an European citizen starting my first year Bachelor in Economics in a German University. The reason I am writing you is because I am interested in doing my second year abroad in UK - however the universities I'm interested in are not partnered through Erasmus with my Uni.

Nevertheless, I have already checked the universities of my interest for an year abroad, and I can apply and attend my second year in UK as a "free-mover" instead as an "erasmus" student - however, this means I would have to pay the tuition fee by myself.

Is it then possible for an EU Citizen, who studies in another Uni in Europe, get access for a UK Government Loan for the tuition fee for only one year (my exchange year) and not only for three-years bachelor programs?

I kindly thank you for your time and help,
    Best regards,
    Vitoria
    Hi Vitoria,

Student Finance England would only offer funding to EU nationals if they were studying at a UK University or college or if they had to attend a placement abroad ,as part of their UK course.
    I would suggest that you contact the University that you are wishing to attend to see if they can give further support and advise with finance.
    Student Finance would be unable to fund for a course not based in the UK
    Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.