Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I would like to become a primary school teacher but have no idea how to get into teaching. There are so many different routes e.g. SCITTS etc but I just don't fully understand which one is more appropriate. Please hep!

ReputationRep:
    Lots of different routes into teaching, you could do a BEd in primary education and gain your QTS at the same time. You could do a degree in early years, primary education and then do you PGCE after. If you want to do primary you could consider getting a degree in English/Maths/Science and then do a PGCE.

Are you still in school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver95)
    Hi, I would like to become a primary school teacher but have no idea how to get into teaching. There are so many different routes e.g. SCITTS etc but I just don't fully understand which one is more appropriate. Please hep!
    No become a secondary school supply teacher lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cc85734)
    No become a secondary school supply teacher lmao
    Why would you suggest that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaGlypta)
    Lots of different routes into teaching, you could do a BEd in primary education and gain your QTS at the same time. You could do a degree in early years, primary education and then do you PGCE after. If you want to do primary you could consider getting a degree in English/Maths/Science and then do a PGCE.

Are you still in school?
    I am currently in my third year of my Early Years Degree. I know there are several other ways to get into teaching that just PGCE but I need to know the actual differences and which is more appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver95)
    Why would you suggest that?
    It was a joke lmao supply teachers get treated badly by the kids and secondary school is just not a good place to teach. The kids mess around loads etc. Also supply teachers can end up going to some pretty dodgy schools

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cc85734)
    It was a joke lmao supply teachers get treated badly by the kids and secondary school is just not a good place to teach. The kids mess around loads etc. Also supply teachers can end up going to some pretty dodgy schools
    I was going to say! I had no idea what that had to do with anything haha. I think I'll pass on that suggestion, thanks though.

ReputationRep:
    You'll still gain QTS with either a PGCE or a SCITT from what I know SCITTS are more school based.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.