Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Kissed on cheek when said no... is it assault? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lionike123)
    Its not assualt. Did that kiss make you bleed or in pain? No, so not assault
    not all assault makes you bleed or be in pain. If someone touches you inappropriately and you don't want or like it (e.g touching your bum) - Its assault.

your definition of assault is quite worrying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Women these days.
    Jealous much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saggy titties)
    When I thought that it couldn't get anymore stupid
    "saggy titties"..? No it cant get anymore stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I hate money)
    Did he penetrate your cheeks when kissing you?
    This is the best TSR comment ever!

ReputationRep:
    Look, I understand that you may feel violated but think about it, there are millions of women that have been RAPED or had men FORCE THEIR FINGERS INSIDE THEM and you think that being "kissed on the cheek" is in any way comparable to them?? If you have been gang raped by 12 men * then you'd wish your were simply kissed when you didn't want to be.
    * Which is still used as a punishment in India and Saudi Arabia, oh and guess what the crime is they are being punished for?? You guessed it!! RAPE, as in being the VICTIM OF RAPE. Yeah so stop feeling sorry for yourself, Darlin'

ReputationRep:
    Look, I understand that you may feel violated but think about it, there are millions of women that have been RAPED or had men FORCE THEIR FINGERS INSIDE THEM and you think that being "kissed on the cheek" is in any way comparable to them?? If you have been gang raped by 12 men * then you'd wish your were simply kissed when you didn't want to be.
    * Which is still used as a punishment in India and Saudi Arabia, oh and guess what the crime is they are being punished for?? You guessed it!! RAPE, as in being the VICTIM OF RAPE. Yeah so stop feeling sorry for yourself, Darlin'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically the title
    I specically said no to him and that it can't happen, but he still did it.
    Is this assault? Should i tell someone?
    There is no "depends." I've said it before and I've said it again:

sexual assault does not equal rape, it INCLUDES rape. Sexual assault can be as little as kissing, touching, grouping, looking, without permission; to forced sex or attempted sex without consent.

A drunken woman saying yes or no and winding up having sex or sexual contact, in my opinion, is not sexual assault, because I believe in personal accountability.

A sober woman saying yes and winding up having sex or sexual contact literally is not sexual assault, even if she feels regret during or later.

A sober woman saying no and winding up having sex or sexual contact is sexual assault. You were assaulted. But at a very minor level, don't you dare waste anyone's time reporting him.

And a drunken or sober woman going to someone's house or allowing a man in and winding up having sex or sexual contact and thinks she was assaulted makes her the dumbest victim ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Yes. You are now pregnant with demons.
    oh my gawd; how can i report this?! i need to get this guy to jail asap
    oh god why are guys so satanic
    Spoiler:
    Show

this has actually happened btw :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpvnO0p9KvU

ReputationRep:
    yeah it sounds like he did rape your cheek

oh noes

ReputationRep:
    Wait, what?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    A guy started breathing the same air as me
    This has scarred me emotionally and physically
    Should i get him done for sexual assault?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    My friend called me an idiot.Is that sexual harassment?
    If it was more then once then yes, if it was one single occurrence then there is no pattern so it is questionable. By re stating that it was inappropriate behaviour after wards and if they attempted to do it again then yes definitely.

Harassment usually constitutes a pattern of behaviour over time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purdy7)
    If it was more then once then yes, if it was one single occurrence then there is no pattern so it is questionable. By re stating that it was inappropriate behaviour after wards and if they attempted to do it again then yes definitely.

LOL

ReputationRep:
    The elements of the offence of sexual assault are:

• A person (A) intentionally touches another person (B)
    • the touching is sexual
    • (B) does not consent to the touching, and
    • (A) does not reasonably believe that (B) consents.

If you go off the CPS website, then it is a sexual assault technically speaking but the day someone gets prosecuted for kissing someone on the cheek then we should all give up and move to Mars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    There is no "depends." I've said it before and I've said it again:

sexual assault does not equal rape, it INCLUDES rape. Sexual assault can be as little as kissing, touching, grouping, looking, without permission; to forced sex or attempted sex without consent.

A drunken woman saying yes or no and winding up having sex or sexual contact, in my opinion, is not sexual assault, because I believe in personal accountability.

A sober woman saying yes and winding up having sex or sexual contact literally is not sexual assault, even if she feels regret during or later.

A sober woman saying no and winding up having sex or sexual contact is sexual assault. You were assaulted. But at a very minor level, don't you dare waste anyone's time reporting him.

And a drunken or sober woman going to someone's house or allowing a man in and winding up having sex or sexual contact and thinks she was assaulted makes her the dumbest victim ever.
    On a side warning, I have been involved in a case where the women repeatedly got the guy all heated up in a bar, and I mean she was all over him, then took him to a side room. She then ripped her own blouse and claimed he was trying to rape her, immediately wanting it to go to court etc. Luckily for him, I heard it all and he wasn't guilty and the judge agreed.

Said women returned to the bar some months later to try the scam another guy, with the presumption they would pay her money before the case got to court. Unfortunately for her, I was there and she left without scamming any other guys.

ReputationRep:
    It's not assault but he's rude and didn't respect your boundaries for not listening when you said no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    My friend called me an idiot.Is that sexual harassment?

ReputationRep:
    this isnt stupid, ppl on this thread r a bit rude ngl. I dont think its assault ngl, as he knew you, he could even like you. people usually are aware of instructions, he is probably thinking you were joking. Maybe you should have sounded serious when you said no to him kissing you on cheek.

ReputationRep:
    It just made you uncomfortable and awkward, no? Assault is more of groping the butt and all without permission. Just be clear you didn't like it or make sure he knows he's in the friendzone or something.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It was just a kiss on the cheek. Stop being overdramatic.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.