Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So recently I moved down from Set 1 to Set 2 , I don't think I deserved to move down since I did decently in my end of year exams…

My head of science doesn't like me for some reason and my new is so, so bad..
    Like when she's teaching she just mumbles, everyone is talking and 80% of the time not paying attention. I think I don't deserve o be in set 2 because I always try my best, pay attention and work hard.

I'm really upset, I feel like my life going to end...

ReputationRep:
    keep ur chin up

(Original post by SBizzy)
      So recently I moved down from Set 1 to Set 2 , I don't think I deserved to move down since I did decently in my end of year exams…

Like when she's teaching she just mumbles, everyone is talking and 80% of the time not paying attention. I think I don't deserve o be in set 2 because I always try my best, pay attention and work hard.

Try and meet with your headteacher, and see if you can be moved to a different class. Make it clear that you want to work but find it difficult with how your teacher is.

I'd also see about contacting Ofsted.

ReputationRep:

Hey, first off maybe moving happened for some reason. And, second why don't you try talking to your Principal or in charge and request to move back up to Set1? If that doesn't work, I guess you should just do your best, ignorning the fact that your teacher is well not good, and prove that you're a capable Set 1 student

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jonnypdot)
      keep ur chin up
      I'm trying to but there is no hope, and my mocks are in January 3 moths worth of learning is going to go in my failing...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Thachi3)
      Hey, first off maybe moving happened for some reason. And, second why don't you try talking to your Principal or in charge and request to move back up to Set1? If that doesn't work, I guess you should just do your best, ignorning the fact that your teacher is well not good, and prove that you're a capable Set 1 student
      Mate, I got the same grade as my friend who is in Set 1 right now, and my head of science hates me with a passion...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tootles)
      Try and meet with your headteacher, and see if you can be moved to a different class. Make it clear that you want to work but find it difficult with how your teacher is.

I'd also see about contacting Ofsted.
      I'll try...

ReputationRep:
      Mate, I got the same grade as my friend who is in Set 1 right now, and my head of science hates me with a passion...
      Oh, right, I was not aware of the unfair and clearly unorgainized arrangement of your school. Apologies for expecting it to be fair like many others.
      My only suggestion is to talk to whoever moved and possibly try to make them understand why what they did is wrong.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Thachi3)
      Oh, right, I was not aware of the unfair and clearly unorgainized arrangement of your school. Apologies for expecting it to be fair like many others.
      My only suggestion is to talk to whoever moved and possibly try to make them understand why what they did is wrong.
      Most people in set 2 got Grade 4's, and I bet if my head of science never knew me he would've mad me remain in Set 1

ReputationRep:
      Most people in set 2 got Grade 4's, and I bet if my head of science never knew me he would've mad me remain in Set 1
      My confidence has went too the lowest it has ever been...

ReputationRep:
      The head of science probably doesn't even know your name.
      You can try asking to be moved back, if that doesn't work its not the end of the world, you will honestly just get used to your new teacher after some time-to help with the transition just put in some extra revision.

ReputationRep:
      make it deep and bring it up with head of department or someone further up if it affects you this much , if nothing happens then get your parents to call in or write an email/letter? set 2 isnt that bad you could go up with consistant progress.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by angrypoliceman)
      The head of science probably doesn't even know your name.
      You can try asking to be moved back, if that doesn't work its not the end of the world, you will honestly just get used to your new teacher after some time-to help with the transition just put in some extra revision.
      Not gonna lie, but he teaches me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by qam)
      make it deep and bring it up with head of department or someone further up if it affects you this much , if nothing happens then get your parents to call in or write an email/letter? set 2 isnt that bad you could go up with consistant progress.
      I know Set 2 isn't bad but the teacher I have is horrendously bad, when I mean horrendous. The class literally dictates the lessons, no discipline, she doesn't speak while teaching and just shouts at everyone for no reason…..

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.