Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi so I’m thinking of applying to clinical sciences in Bradford to transfer to do medicine...just thought I’d make a chat for anyone else wanting to apply for 2018 so we can ask/answer questions..I have one question, if I’m predicted to achieve BBB at a levels, would I be best applying to foundation clinical sciences or the regular one? Do both of these only require one year until the transfer? (Does the foundation course have the transfer after the foundation year or 1st year?) Is one of them easier to get onto medicine with ? Do they both allow the same amount of people into medicine? Abit confused on what the difference is apart from the grades ...
    Thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ZAxox)
    Hi so I’m thinking of applying to clinical sciences in Bradford to transfer to do medicine...just thought I’d make a chat for anyone else wanting to apply for 2018 so we can ask/answer questions..I have one question, if I’m predicted to achieve BBB at a levels, would I be best applying to foundation clinical sciences or the regular one? Do both of these only require one year until the transfer? (Does the foundation course have the transfer after the foundation year or 1st year?) Is one of them easier to get onto medicine with ? Do they both allow the same amount of people into medicine? Abit confused on what the difference is apart from the grades ...
    Thanks!
    Hi

I counted 5 questions... :yeah:

If the ultimate goal is to study medicine, then you would need to apply for the Foundation in Clinical Science / Medicine

However, only those who satisfy the widening participation criteria (found on the course page) are eligible for the transfer to Leeds. Additionally, the transfer is only available to those who have studied the foundation year. There are 2 chances to transfer to medicine:

1. At the end of the foundation year
    2. At the end of the first year of the Clinical Sciences BSc (for those who have studied the Foundation the year before).

There are approximately 20 spaces available at each transfer, and whilst we make the recommendations for the transfer, Leeds are under no obligation to accept the recommendations - therefore the transfer is never guaranteed.

The transfer is subject to academic achievement, an application, the BMAT and an interview.

Please be advised, the course and transfer is very competitive. There are approximately 140 spaces on the foundation year - with the majority vying for those 20 spaces...

I hope this helps!

Joe

ReputationRep:
    when would you take the bmat? what score would you need at the end of foundation year to be accepted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Bradford)
    Hi

I counted 5 questions... :yeah:

If the ultimate goal is to study medicine, then you would need to apply for the Foundation in Clinical Science / Medicine

However, only those who satisfy the widening participation criteria (found on the course page) are eligible for the transfer to Leeds. Additionally, the transfer is only available to those who have studied the foundation year. There are 2 chances to transfer to medicine:

1. At the end of the foundation year
    2. At the end of the first year of the Clinical Sciences BSc (for those who have studied the Foundation the year before).

There are approximately 20 spaces available at each transfer, and whilst we make the recommendations for the transfer, Leeds are under no obligation to accept the recommendations - therefore the transfer is never guaranteed.

The transfer is subject to academic achievement, an application, the BMAT and an interview.

Please be advised, the course and transfer is very competitive. There are approximately 140 spaces on the foundation year - with the majority vying for those 20 spaces...

I hope this helps!

Joe
    thank you very much for getting back to me. With regards to the BMAT, when would I have to do it or is it arranged within the univeristy? Thanks again.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi

You would take the BMAT during the second semester of the foundation year - organised by the University of Leeds Medical School.

You would need to score a minimum of 70% grade average in the foundation year and pass all modules first time.

Cheers

Joe

ReputationRep:
    Hi

You would take the BMAT during the second semester of the foundation year - organised by the University of Leeds Medical School.

You would need to score a minimum of 70% grade average in the foundation year and pass all modules first time.

Cheers

Joe
    How quick do you get back to applications and invite to interview?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Hdheimdnbf)
    How quick do you get back to applications and invite to interview?
    Hello

The turn-around time for applications varies - but a general rule is approximately 4 weeks. This is longer than the usual 2 weeks for other courses as the Foundation in Clinical Sciences is very competitive.

The earliest date for a selection day is around the beginning of November.

Joe

ReputationRep:
    Would I have an individual interview or a group activity to take part in at the selection day if I am applying for entry into Year 1 of clinical sciences and am not eligible for the leeds transfer.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by cheesedudette103)
    Would I have an individual interview or a group activity to take part in at the selection day if I am applying for entry into Year 1 of clinical sciences and am not eligible for the leeds transfer.
    Hi

The Clinical Sciences BSc does include a selection day where you would be involved in a few activities.

Cheers

Joe

ReputationRep:
    Hi

The Clinical Sciences BSc does include a selection day where you would be involved in a few activities.

Cheers

Joe
    Hey Joe, have any interviews been sent out yet? I’m applying for route 3 and have sent back the extra widening access letter but had no confirmation. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey Joe, have any interviews been sent out yet? I’m applying for route 3 and have sent back the extra widening access letter but had no confirmation. Thanks
    I’ve recieved an email have you heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsgeorgiapaige)
    i’ve recieved an email have you heard anything yet?
    yess got an interview 🎊🎊

ReputationRep:
    yess got an interview 🎊🎊
    Woo!! Same
    How are you going to prepare?

ReputationRep:
    Woo!! Same
    I literally have no idea! Any tips guys 😂😭

ReputationRep:
    Woo!! Same
    When?

ReputationRep:
    When?
    8th Nov - might have to reschedule though!

ReputationRep:
    8th Nov - might have to reschedule though!
    So is mine oh how come?

ReputationRep:
    So is mine oh how come?
    I have something on during the day and I think it’s 12-5 for the interview so will have to see

ReputationRep:
    I have something on during the day and I think it’s 12-5 for the interview so will have to see
    Is it like a normal interview

ReputationRep:
    Is it like a normal interview
    I’m honestly not sure at all I’ve asked them a similar question on twitter!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 13, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.