Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    Which is more difficult to get into in terms of BMAT score? I know Imperial have a cut off and UCL do not but that does not mean it's easier to get into the latter...I like both courses equally but I will only apply to one course...can someone please offer me some guidance. Also, just generally in terms of interviews, which is 'easier'?
    Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    UCL don't have a BMAT cutoff because they look at your application hollistically. Imperial don't look at GCSE's pretty much, hence why they rely a lot on BMAT, and thus have a cutoff.
    I don't think one is easier to get into over the other.
    Both are amazing universities with an international reputation, so in terms of better, you could think about location to see which one suits you best.

ReputationRep:
    Imperial - 19% offer rate
    UCL - 22% offer rate

So to be honest, there's not much in it. They're both amazing unis, and you've probably got an equally good chance - about 1/5 - for each of them.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by LeapingLucy)
    Imperial - 19% offer rate
    UCL - 22% offer rate

So to be honest, there's not much in it. They're both amazing unis, and you've probably got an equally good chance - about 1/5 - for each of them.
    Are these stats just for med course or overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
    Are these stats just for med course or overall?
    Just for medicine - they're from the medicine course pages for Imperial and UCL on Which? University

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.