Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was wondering if ppl can get kicked out because of their personal statement? What I mean is if they mentioned something they have actually completed volunteered somewhere but the place they volunteered at refuses to give them a reference. So if someone was to study medicine does the university call up on the references and can they kick you out?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    Hi,

I was wondering if ppl can get kicked out because of their personal statement? What I mean is if they mentioned something they have actually completed volunteered somewhere but the place they volunteered at refuses to give them a reference. So if someone was to study medicine does the university call up on the references and can they kick you out?
    If you actually completed a volunteer placement there and thats all you have said in your PS, then that is the truth. Whether or not they give you a reference is not relevant. If you said something that was untrue or inaccurate then that would be misleading. the chances of you being caught is minimal.

ReputationRep:
    What did you for them to refuse to give you a reference?

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay many thanks for that.
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    If you actually completed a volunteer placement there and thats all you have said in your PS, then that is the truth. Whether or not they give you a reference is not relevant. If you said something that was untrue or inaccurate then that would be misleading. the chances of you being caught is minimal.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.