Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im applying to do physics at uni next year, i got 3 A's in my as's and am predicted A*AA this year but i want a back up uni just in case things go realy bad this year so does anyone know any half decent unis with entry requirements of something like AAB or even ABB just as a back up as i cant seem to find one less than AAA
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    As I recall Exeter and Southampton (for the BSc, and it's essentially just a case of administration to change between them in the first two years normally - plus I think it's ended up in clearing a few times before so if you're a near miss you may well get a place even if you apply for the MPhys outright) have slightly lower standard entry criteria - and the former certainly usually has a good deal of flexibility in making offers below that, from personal experience and anecdotal comments. They're also both decent - overall (well, in theory...) and for physics (this is definitely true). Loughborough also has standard offers at AAB, and is overall quite good and particularly has strengths in their STEM departments to my knowledge (although I don't know about physics specifically).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artful_lounger)
    As I recall Exeter and Southampton (for the BSc, and it's essentially just a case of administration to change between them in the first two years normally - plus I think it's ended up in clearing a few times before so if you're a near miss you may well get a place even if you apply for the MPhys outright) have slightly lower standard entry criteria - and the former certainly usually has a good deal of flexibility in making offers below that, from personal experience and anecdotal comments. They're also both decent - overall (well, in theory...) and for physics (this is definitely true). Loughborough also has standard offers at AAB, and is overall quite good and particularly has strengths in their STEM departments to my knowledge (although I don't know about physics specifically).
    Exeter looks like a good choice, ive also heard its a pretty good uni. thank you very much for the help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakamo1423)
    Im applying to do physics at uni next year, i got 3 A's in my as's and am predicted A*AA this year but i want a back up uni just in case things go realy bad this year so does anyone know any half decent unis with entry requirements of something like AAB or even ABB just as a back up as i cant seem to find one less than AAA
    King's College and Lancaster BSc courses are AAB, course content is pretty good fro all streams of physics degrees they offer and they both rank pretty well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.