Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    From the moment my son received an email confirming his place at University, I found myself on an emotional, exhausting yet entertaining journey of hopeless nostalgia and selfish sobbings. Whilst i knew him leaving home one day was inevitable i struggled with feelings of nervousness, excitement and sadness. To help - though i've never done this before - i kept a diary of the 11 days before we had to take him to Uni. It really helped. Made me focus on the funny stuff and not dwell on the moment that loomed. I've never published but having read it back, i thought it might help other mums and dads who've gone through it and those who will one day.

Its just a short 30 minute "MUMoir" described by a reader as ""A great, witty read & something most mums/parents will empathise with. Looking forward to the next instalment! Loved it! More please!"

Please pm me for a snippet from my countdown to Uni'. I hope you enjoy it and above all makes you look back and laugh, maybe shed a little tear or provides reassurance to future anxious parents that its ok to experience an exhausting amount of different emotions.

And if you are a student who's stumbled across this post - now you know what you put us momma bears through!!!! ;-)))

ReputationRep:
    I think you really do need to get a grip.

It isn't all about YOU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    I think you really do need to get a grip.

It isn't all about YOU.
    Well i just roared with laughter at ya comment. Actually from the title....it is. Its MY countdown. If you read it, you'll see that i acknowledge - funilly enough - that it shouldnt be "all about me". Maybe read it then judge but congrats on being my only negative review.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sueharding)
    From the moment my son received an email confirming his place at University, I found myself on an emotional, exhausting yet entertaining journey of hopeless nostalgia and selfish sobbings. Whilst i knew him leaving home one day was inevitable i struggled with feelings of nervousness, excitement and sadness. To help - though i've never done this before - i kept a diary of the 11 days before we had to take him to Uni. It really helped. Made me focus on the funny stuff and not dwell on the moment that loomed. I've never published but having read it back, i thought it might help other mums and dads who've gone through it and those who will one day.

Its just a short 30 minute "MUMoir" described by a reader as ""A great, witty read & something most mums/parents will empathise with. Looking forward to the next instalment! Loved it! More please!"

Please pm me for a snippet from my countdown to Uni'. I hope you enjoy it and above all makes you look back and laugh, maybe shed a little tear or provides reassurance to future anxious parents that its ok to experience an exhausting amount of different emotions.

And if you are a student who's stumbled across this post - now you know what you put us momma bears through!!!! ;-)))
    Awe, ignore the above comment, this is sweet, if a little funny!

I'm heading to Uni in September, my mum is similar ☺️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    Awe, ignore the above comment, this is sweet, if a little funny!

I'm heading to Uni in September, my mum is similar ☺️
    Ah thank you - Exciting times for you ahead. Have a great time at Uni

ReputationRep:
    It's entirely reasonable to discuss feelings about children going to university in The Parent Room of TSR. And, if you've read the threads here, we do.

Whether it is so reasonable to make a first post publicising your work, complete with glowing reviews, and asking people to PM you to receive it is perhaps another matter. It may just be a little unfortunate but it feels more like marketing than participation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirtmother)
    It's entirely reasonable to discuss feelings about children going to university in The Parent Room of TSR. And, if you've read the threads here, we do.

Whether it is so reasonable to make a first post publicising your work, complete with glowing reviews, and asking people to PM you to receive it is perhaps another matter. It may just be a little unfortunate but it feels more like marketing than participation.
    Hi there and thanks for getting in touch. Reading your comments i can see how it it could look, but honestly, i have only just discovered parents room in the past few weeks having had my first born head off, so yes it was my first post. I've discovered lots of blogs and sites now having reached a new stage in parenting. Yes i suppose it was a marketing post as i mention the mumoir but my main motivation for sharing it here was because i'd had such lovely and funny feedback from other parents that i really thought it might help resonate/cheer up/reassure other mums and dads who follow this site as they might like to know about it.
    Apologies if i've got off on the wrong foot

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.