Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can't get over my Oxbridge rejection depression Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    :nope: see here for what happened with me and Cambridge.

Also thanks to a deeply flawed exam system, I wouldn't have got the grades anyway.:emo:
    Awh that sucks, but I don't blame you - you should 100% pick the course you want to do over the university. So did you get into Durham? That'll be my insurance/firm after Oxford if they give me an offer )
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cxletteee)
    Awh that sucks, but I don't blame you - you should 100% pick the course you want to do over the university. So did you get into Durham? That'll be my insurance/firm after Oxford if they give me an offer )
    Sadly not (thanks AQA :shakecane: a candidate can obviously get 48 and 24 in two equally weighted exams)

I'm at Keele and happy though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoliticsandP)
    This is just like me, I got rejected from Cambridge last year. Weirdly, I was supposed to also being going KCL and got 4A* haha. I'm currently on a gap year and just sent my application off for Cambridge again. But the main reason was that I changed subject, I hated the subject I was previously doing and I think my lack of enthusiasm showed in the interview. I probably would have gone to King's if I stayed with the same subject. I don't really see Oxbridge as the be all and end all, I just thought I'd be stupid not to re-apply with my grades! I think King's is still top notch, but if Oxbridge is really important to you, go for it!

I almost wish I had taken a gap year and then it would be easier to apply to Cambridge but I'm at Kings now and the deadline for application is the 15th of October. I feel like it's too short of a turn around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Sadly not (thanks AQA :shakecane: a candidate can obviously get 48 and 24 in two equally weighted exams)

I'm at Keele and happy though.
    That's a shame which exam was it that let you down? It's good that you're happy at Keele though!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cxletteee)
    That's a shame which exam was it that let you down? It's good that you're happy at Keele though!!
    The first exam of the two. Both went absolutely fine I felt, yet AQA somehow think that those numbers are justifiable. Despite, well, logic.

To save us de-railing this thread any more, feel free to VM or PM me with any more questions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.