ReputationRep:
    what should I apply for my 5th choice (non-medical):
    King's Anatomy, human biology — cuz i wanna be a surgeon
    Bristol applied anatomy or similar courses
    edinburgh, birmingham ?

helpppppppp
    opinions ?

ReputationRep:
    st George's recommended that a good 5th choice would be biomedical sciences. They also have a (unique) programme where you can enter their 3 year biomedical programme and then use it to enter a 3 year medicine graduate.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrstlc13)
    st George's recommended that a good 5th choice would be biomedical sciences. They also have a (unique) programme where you can enter their 3 year biomedical programme and then use it to enter a 3 year medicine graduate.
    A few other universities do something similar. Complete one year of biomed/something related and you have the chance to transfer into first year medicine of that university or a partner university. Obviously very competitive. Newcastle and Bradford and the two that spring to mind.

ReputationRep:
    You dont have to make this decision right now if you are not sure.

Many people don't realise this - you can just apply for your 4 Med choices now, and if you want/need to, you can add your 5th choice right up to the Jan deadline - it wont make any difference to the way that Uni views your application. Or you can just apply for 4 Med choices - and not use your 5th choice at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Volibear)
    You have the chance to transfer into first year medicine of that university or a partner university. .
    Just remember - its a 'chance' not a certainty, so you could be stuck on Biochem/Biomed. And..... if you are thinking of following that up with Grad Entry Medicine, be aware that GEM is still an undergrad degree - and therefore you'll have to pay for most of it yourself. Taking a gap year/reapplying for 5 year Med is probably a better option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Just remember - its a 'chance' not a certainty, so you could be stuck on Biochem/Biomed. And..... if you are thinking of following that up with Grad Entry Medicine, be aware that GEM is still an undergrad degree - and therefore you'll have to pay for most of it yourself.
    I wasn't replying to OP. I was replying the the person who thinks what St.George's do is unique. I mean it is in the sense that 3rd year biomed --> 3rd year medicine, but the idea itself of transferring course isn't unique. I know all about GEM because it's the path I'm going down and as a matter of fact, you only have to pay the first £3.5k.

ReputationRep:
    Thats the thing, my parents wont let me take a gap year, even if it means i have to do something like economics they dont care. The only was i can make this work is to apply something related to medicine ...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.