Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not in education, employment or training (NEET) - project ideas for NEETs Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have been asked to start a project for people in the community that are not in education employment or training. We will be given about a month to teach them skills and do a small project with them that they could possibly write up talking about their skills. Has anyone done this before? Or got any idea on what type of project we should run for the month. There will be some funding provided.

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Is this for young people? Is there a certain criteria in mind with these workshops?

A few suggestions could be;
    Drama workshop
    Culinary skills ect.
    Budgeting

Hope these help, or help spark other ideas for you.

It seems like a really interesting thing to be involved in to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaGlypta)
    Is this for young people? Is there a certain criteria in mind with these workshops?

A few suggestions could be;
    Drama workshop
    Culinary skills ect.
    Budgeting

Hope these help, or help spark other ideas for you.

It seems like a really interesting thing to be involved in to be honest
    Thanks for your response Budgeting seems like a key one.Yeah it does seem really ineresting...I spoke to one of the staff members and they said to try and see what the people (NEETS) that get enrolled on the programme want to do. But i know from experience sometimes their ideas might not be possible...or they might not what they want to do themselves. I havent actually met the group yet but when I do have you got any ideas on how I could get thinking about the sort of stuff they want to do? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youthwork95)
    Thanks for your response Budgeting seems like a key one.Yeah it does seem really ineresting...I spoke to one of the staff members and they said to try and see what the people (NEETS) that get enrolled on the programme want to do. But i know from experience sometimes their ideas might not be possible...or they might not what they want to do themselves. I havent actually met the group yet but when I do have you got any ideas on how I could get thinking about the sort of stuff they want to do? Thanks
    Could you send a questionnaire out before the programme starts to see what people are interested in and what skills they have/want to improve/gain.

You could also get them to do some brainstorming if you can't do the above.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good. I like the brainstorming id. Im thinking of thinking of the key ills like the one you sudgested probably a few more too like health and well being etc and putting that around the room and asking them how they want to do each one - like brainstorm around it
    how does that sound?

Could you send a questionnaire out before the programme starts to see what people are interested in and what skills they have/want to improve/gain.

You could also get them to do some brainstorming if you can't do the above.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good. I like the brainstorming id. Im thinking of thinking of the key ills like the one you sudgested probably a few more too like health and well being etc and putting that around the room and asking them how they want to do each one - like brainstorm around it
    how does that sound?
    Sounds good to me, how do you get into this sort of thing..if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good to me, how do you get into this sort of thing..if you don't mind me asking?
    Im doing a teacher training course with young offenders. My placement provider placed me at this placement and where I have been placed runs this project so I thought it would be a great experience. Is this something you want to go into too?

ReputationRep:
    Im doing a teacher training course with young offenders. My placement provider placed me at this placement and where I have been placed runs this project so I thought it would be a great experience. Is this something you want to go into too?
    Oh lovely. Very interesting, my main dream is to be a social worker!

ReputationRep:
    Oh lovely. Very interesting, my main dream is to be a social worker!

Good luck ! Are you at uni? such a rewarding job working with any kind of people that need help I think - especially playing a large active part in helping get to where they want to be <3

ReputationRep:
    Good luck ! Are you at uni? such a rewarding job working with any kind of people that need help I think - especially playing a large active part in helping get to where they want to be <3
    Not yet, I've just started my access course.

ReputationRep:
    Not yet, I've just started my access course.
    That sounds great! Good luck with it. Would you mind donating a small amount to my just giving page that I've just set up for this project as we are short of funding? Or help spread the word on social media. Many thanks here is the link

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/mariyah-haque

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.