The Student Room Group

UCL Postgraduate Applications 2018/2019

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I applied for DSML like in the end of Dec 2017, and got a conditional offer today, so I think it'll take some time. BTW, I got rejected by Data Science one month ago, it seems very frustrating about their timeline. Anyway, good luck :smile:
Reply 581
Original post by Sharloteee
Hi, I applied for DSML like in the end of Dec 2017, and got a conditional offer today, so I think it'll take some time. BTW, I got rejected by Data Science one month ago, it seems very frustrating about their timeline. Anyway, good luck :smile:

Were you rejected as well, only to find out it had been a glitch in the system and your application was still being considered? Happened to me a couple weeks ago, I was rejected, and the following day my application changed *again* to "application under assessment"
Original post by snach
Were you rejected as well, only to find out it had been a glitch in the system and your application was still being considered? Happened to me a couple weeks ago, I was rejected, and the following day my application changed *again* to "application under assessment"

It says "unsuccessful" and remains that way till now.
Reply 583
Original post by Sharloteee
It says "unsuccessful" and remains that way till now.

That must have been tough, but lucky you! Congrats!
Original post by snach
That must have been tough, but lucky you! Congrats!

Thank you and good luck on your application!
Original post by minarai
anyone else waiting for 14 weeks and counting? :s-smilie:

20 weeks and counting... I've got numb and I'm not even nervous anymore haha
Original post by sarahlst
20 weeks and counting... I've got numb and I'm not even nervous anymore haha

same here haha. what course did you apply to if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by minarai
same here haha. what course did you apply to if you dont mind me asking?

It drove me crazy for the first 10 weeks but then I've become like "ok wake me up when the result is ready" haha!!

I applied to Msc Cognitive and Decision Sciences :smile:
Original post by sarahlst
It drove me crazy for the first 10 weeks but then I've become like "ok wake me up when the result is ready" haha!!

I applied to Msc Cognitive and Decision Sciences :smile:

Nice! I applied to MA History of Art :smile: I get you, but its just sometimes so frustrating bc the department doesn't have a cut off date where they inform all applicants if they are successful, and I'm an international student so will take more time for visas and stuff! but yeah i've asked them a few times and i always got the same or no answer so I'm over it haha
anyone in Msc social cognition :smile:
Original post by minarai
Nice! I applied to MA History of Art :smile: I get you, but its just sometimes so frustrating bc the department doesn't have a cut off date where they inform all applicants if they are successful, and I'm an international student so will take more time for visas and stuff! but yeah i've asked them a few times and i always got the same or no answer so I'm over it haha

I totally understand!! I'm an international student and also facing the same problems... But my department has been pretty responsive and assured me that I will get the result by the end of April. So fingerscrossed for both of us!!
Reply 591
I got a conditional offer via the portal. Will I be getting the copy of that offer letter sent to my address?
Hi
I am an international applicant for a PhD study in the health informatics school. It has been over 9 weeks and I still haven't heard from them although I have applied for May 2018 start ! does any one know how things go if the course is starting yet no decision is made ? are they going to change the start date ? or does that mean I am rejected ? P.S I am currently in the Uk in a different school and planning to change and they're aware of that .
Reply 593
Does the status "currently being processed by admissions" mean that I will get accepted?
Reply 594
Original post by Vi1234
Does the status "currently being processed by admissions" mean that I will get accepted?

It means you should log in after midnight UK time today for your decision (either accepted, conditional or unsuccessful). Good luck!
Reply 595
Original post by Zekov
I got a conditional offer via the portal. Will I be getting the copy of that offer letter sent to my address?

A friend of mine got her conditional offer in letter sent by mail (and she's international). Don't know if it is programme specific, or it is the default for all programmes. Hope it helps!
Reply 596
Original post by snach
It means you should log in after midnight UK time today for your decision (either accepted, conditional or unsuccessful). Good luck!

thank you!
Reply 597
Original post by snach
A friend of mine got her conditional offer in letter sent by mail (and she's international). Don't know if it is programme specific, or it is the default for all programmes. Hope it helps!

Thank you so much!! :smile:
Reply 598
Hey guys,

So I applied (with both references submitted) the 1st of this month. I have a deadline tomorrow (King's), so I called them two days ago and asked them to fast track my application. I received an offer last night, so, for those who are still waiting, I suggest you call them/send them an email and tell them you really need an answer before x day. For me it worked, and in my case it was true, but if they're keeping you waiting for 11/13 weeks, telling a little lie won't hurt anyone ;-)...anyways, I hope you guys find this helpful.

Good luck to everyone!!
Original post by Vi1234
Hey guys,

So I applied (with both references submitted) the 1st of this month. I have a deadline tomorrow (King's), so I called them two days ago and asked them to fast track my application. I received an offer last night, so, for those who are still waiting, I suggest you call them/send them an email and tell them you really need an answer before x day. For me it worked, and in my case it was true, but if they're keeping you waiting for 11/13 weeks, telling a little lie won't hurt anyone ;-)...anyways, I hope you guys find this helpful.

Good luck to everyone!!

Congratulations! :-) what course were you accepted into? did you call the specific department or just the postgraduate admissions team? I called the PG admissions team last week and they weren't very helpful, just telling me it's with the academics, no deadlines whatsoever so I should just wait.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending