The Student Room Group

UCL Postgraduate Applications 2018/2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jammy_dogers
I’ve applied for MSc Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice although I’m super nervous as it is a super competitive masters (160 applicants for 12 places) still I’m trying not to lose hope, I applied early this month, when did you apply?

I applied in Jan but my second reference only came in on the 8th of feb! I've heard my program is super competitive too so I'm so unsure. Hopefully, they'll get back to us soon?
Original post by applicant_cs_uk
Thank you for this interesting insight. I have been waiting for a reply since my application was completed on Dec 07. Not sure if this is a good or bad sign?

I think you should contact admissions if they haven't gotten back to you after 6 weeks.
Hi, another international from India. Applied to UCL in January 2018 for the MSc in Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice. Just got an interview call. Wanted to know what I need to be prepared for and expect in the interview. Very nervous as they accept only 12 people.
Original post by Maitri3396
I applied in Jan but my second reference only came in on the 8th of feb! I've heard my program is super competitive too so I'm so unsure. Hopefully, they'll get back to us soon?

Hi, I am an international student applied in early Jan. Got an interview call just yesterday. Super nervous because so competitive.
Original post by Sameenn
Hi, I am an international student applied in early Jan. Got an interview call just yesterday. Super nervous because so competitive.

Oh wow, that’s great. Good luck with the interview! Hope it goes well. 🙂
Rejection from MA Legal and Political Theory
anyboy applying for Msc Global management of natural resources?
Original post by chelseafc655

Did they explain why? I’m so sorry to hear that :frown:
Original post by Sameenn
Hi, another international from India. Applied to UCL in January 2018 for the MSc in Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice. Just got an interview call. Wanted to know what I need to be prepared for and expect in the interview. Very nervous as they accept only 12 people.

Hey me too! It looks like such a great course I really hope you get it! How did the interview go? If you don’t mind could you give me insight into what they asked you in the interview and how long it took since applying for them to respond about wanting to interview you?
My application is still under assessment for this course but I’m hoping for good news :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by euphrosyne
Did they explain why? I’m so sorry to hear that :frown:

Nope, and it was supposedly a course that didn't receive many applicants either. Disheartening.
Hi jammy_dogers. I applied for the Msc Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice. I also attended the open evening last month. I actually applied on the deadline day (5th of February). I was emailed two days ago with an invite for interview which will be in two weeks!! Have you been contacted yet for interview? Do you have any information on what the interview could be like? :smile:
Reply 371
Original post by chelseafc655

Hi there, how long does a rejection to come through?
Original post by lewnja
Hi there, how long does a rejection to come through?

Interestingly, they had my PS/Refs all that good stuff, and my transcript got lost in the post so I had to resend it. All told, they had my applications materials minus the transcript since mid-January, and I swiftly received a rejection once they got my transcript and could properly view my submission package. Damn those first year grades.
Original post by da7awang
Hi jammy_dogers. I applied for the Msc Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice. I also attended the open evening last month. I actually applied on the deadline day (5th of February). I was emailed two days ago with an invite for interview which will be in two weeks!! Have you been contacted yet for interview? Do you have any information on what the interview could be like? :smile:

Hi! Congratulations for the interview! I really hope it goes well, it’s a great course :biggrin: I applied on the same day as well and got my references in check the day after but I still haven’t heard anything yet :frown: my application is still “under assessment” I’m guessing I won’t hear back until perhaps in mid-March, I really do hope they get back to me soon but this waiting is making me anxious and wonder whether they’re just waiting to reject me :/

About the interview I’m not sure but the person I was speaking to earlier in the thread has gotten an interview for the course !
So there're no fellow MSc Cognitive and Decision Science offer holders or applicants? :frown:
Hi there,

Thank you all for your information! I was rejected eventually. And UCL claimed that it was because I dont have a lot of Mathematics training and that competition is stiff.

I still would like to thank everyone for supporting me and providing me with valuable information. Though I am highly interested in a masters program. Preferably at York , Exeter, Manchester, Leeds, or Birmingham.

Please do contact me with more information about admissions to these places if you know more. Thank you

Meena
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 376
Hi! I was wondering if anyone else applied to MSc Health Economics and Decision Sciences and has gotten a reply? If so, when did you apply? :smile:
Reply 377
Original post by cogmaster
So there're no fellow MSc Cognitive and Decision Science offer holders or applicants? :frown:

I’ve applied for Cognitive and Decision Sciences about two weeks ago but have not heard back yet. It’s supposedly very competitive though so I am trying to manage my expectations :biggrin: What about you?
Original post by BorOx
I’ve applied for Cognitive and Decision Sciences about two weeks ago but have not heard back yet. It’s supposedly very competitive though so I am trying to manage my expectations :biggrin: What about you?

Great to see another applicant! I got an offer last week which I accepted, although I applied in November. Hope it works out for you, let me know!
Reply 379
Original post by cogmaster
Great to see another applicant! I got an offer last week which I accepted, although I applied in November. Hope it works out for you, let me know!

Oh wow, I guess I have to expect to wait a long time then!
Congratulations though, that's amazing! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending