Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to research about Parkinson and how it affects a person's life and the amount of effort that actually goes into curing it (could I compare it to cancer?) How can I structure a question that would be specific?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Student1600)
    I want to research about Parkinson and how it affects a person's life and the amount of effort that actually goes into curing it (could I compare it to cancer?) How can I structure a question that would be specific?
    You still need to do more research to get comfy with your subject area. Its hard to see where the emphasis and direction of your essay will be. make notes and write down ideas you are interested in exploring.

Are you looking at it on a personal or national level?

You can compare it to cancer, but to what end? Maybe the comparison and investigation should examine the amount of NHS resources dedicated to either and the amount of people it impacts? i.e how big an issue is it and does it get enough funding or is it neglected?

Look at the specification for epq.

Read up more about parkinsons disease.

Your title needs to be investigative or challenging. Ask a question that you can get involved in and doesnt have a one sided answer.

No idea why you have chosen P, but hope its relevant to your degree.

https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/inform...hat-parkinsons

https://www.brainandspine.org.uk/parkinsons-disease

ReputationRep:
    Hey thank you for your advice! it's because my grandma had Parkinson's but I'm a bit confused with what to do, I was going to apply for medicine so I steered in that direction but what I actually want to research is maybe into conspiracy theories? Ithis would be interesting but again I don't know how I would link it to like science related degrees
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You still need to do more research to get comfy with your subject area. Its hard to see where the emphasis and direction of your essay will be. make notes and write down ideas you are interested in exploring.

Are you looking at it on a personal or national level?

You can compare it to cancer, but to what end? Maybe the comparison and investigation should examine the amount of NHS resources dedicated to either and the amount of people it impacts? i.e how big an issue is it and does it get enough funding or is it neglected?

Look at the specification for epq.

Read up more about parkinsons disease.

Your title needs to be investigative or challenging. Ask a question that you can get involved in and doesnt have a one sided answer.

No idea why you have chosen P, but hope its relevant to your degree.

https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/inform...hat-parkinsons

https://www.brainandspine.org.uk/parkinsons-disease
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Student1600)
    Hey thank you for your advice! it's because my grandma had Parkinson's but I'm a bit confused with what to do, I was going to apply for medicine so I steered in that direction but what I actually want to research is maybe into conspiracy theories? Ithis would be interesting but again I don't know how I would link it to like science related degrees
    Be very wary about doing conspiracy theories as an epq topic as it could have a danger of going seriously wrong unless you treated it objectively and maturely.

Do not take medicine lightly.

Your epq should be linked to the course you are applying for.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.