Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so we had a test in chemistry today about atomic structure , i think i messed it up , i kind of panicked during the test because i forgot the structure for electron configuration , which ruined it for me . Any tips on how to bounce back from this , and keep positive

ReputationRep:
    anyone plz help

ReputationRep:
    dont let it get to you , make sure you know where you made mistakes and where you need to revise more. one bad grade does not determine your future just carry on and hold your head up high. there are plenty more exams to come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qam)
    dont let it get to you , make sure you know where you made mistakes and where you need to revise more. one bad grade does not determine your future just carry on and hold your head up high. there are plenty more exams to come
    yeh ok , i just keep thinking to myself "wow if you can't do one measly test right , then how tf are u supposed to do well in an official exam" any tips to avoid this mindset or am i just crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    yeh ok , i just keep thinking to myself "wow if you can't do one measly test right , then how tf are u supposed to do well in an official exam" any tips to avoid this mindset or am i just crazy
    its normal to feel this way but as someone who has just finished a levels let me tell you there is much worse exams coming your way , so to conquer this would be to ignore that feeling and set yourself up to have a comeback and do amazingly well on the next . plus you never know you could have done great on this exam. practice makes perfect you will get used to it soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qam)
    its normal to feel this way but as someone who has just finished a levels let me tell you there is much worse exams coming your way , so to conquer this would be to ignore that feeling and set yourself up to have a comeback and do amazingly well on the next . plus you never know you could have done great on this exam. practice makes perfect you will get used to it soon
    yeh ok you're right , thanks for that
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Moved this to study help for you.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously don't worry about..I'm guessing your in year 12 ..so am I and we did the atomic structure test a few weeks ago...and looking back it really didn't matter xxx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    Moved this to study help for you.
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it too much, I did my test in year 12 and at start kept getting E's and D's.. it is normal as nobody knows what to expect from exams style questions. You will dos o mich practise in next few months till exams that it will all make sense. I got A in As and A* so I know what I'm saying. If you are really worried about it, it's really good. I realised in January time so think positive tgat you are in better position than anybody else. You are thinking fats so you are good. Just keep your head down in next few month and do all last papers, good luck. Atomic structure will come up in every past paper .. atleast 12 times from the past paper available

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayflower320)
    Seriously don't worry about..I'm guessing your in year 12 ..so am I and we did the atomic structure test a few weeks ago...and looking back it really didn't matter xxx
    ah ok , anh yeh i just started yr 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotnomoney)
    Don't worry about it too much, I did my test in year 12 and at start kept getting E's and D's.. it is normal as nobody knows what to expect from exams style questions. You will dos o mich practise in next few months till exams that it will all make sense. I got A in As and A* so I know what I'm saying. If you are really worried about it, it's really good. I realised in January time so think positive tgat you are in better position than anybody else. You are thinking fats so you are good. Just keep your head down in next few month and do all last papers, good luck. Atomic structure will come up in every past paper .. atleast 12 times from the past paper available
    wow ok thanks for the advice , really appreciate it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.