Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice should I just leave it or am I overthinking?!!!!! Watch

So dilemma....long story short

I just came back from a placement in leceister, now in my final year. I live with a course mate prior to my placement however due to my flatmates/friends not getting on with her and her making me feel like a bad person, I stopped talking to her completely, it was causing stress and I wouldn't eat properly. Now I see her back at uni and I feel bad because she looks alone, this guy and girl kept her company though. I feel quite awkward.

Thing is since it's my final year idk if I should talk to her to resolve stuff or if there's any point because we're in final year and I don't really want to be friends as I don't feel it'll be the same.

Ok, it's not short but yeah am I overthinking, should I talk or should I just leave it and go with the flow?...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You should probably at least try to resolve it, or it might end up weighing down on your mind for a while. if you feel bad then that's probably going to continue unless you do something about it.

ReputationRep:
    you guys should talk , talk things out m=and make it clear because honestly you dont know hows shes feeling and it might not be good at all

ReputationRep:
    make up, stop being a ****

(Original post by angrypoliceman)
    make up, stop being a ****
    Thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    If you were good friends before, I would try to talk to her. Why not ask if she wants to meet up for a coffee to catch up? You can talk about what happened and how each other lives' are going.

(Original post by Ash1597)
    You should probably at least try to resolve it, or it might end up weighing down on your mind for a while. if you feel bad then that's probably going to continue unless you do something about it.
    I know but I'm afraid, I might try to confront her tomorrow but I feel like she'll tell me to go away.

It's true
    (Original post by qam)
    you guys should talk , talk things out m=and make it clear because honestly you dont know hows shes feeling and it might not be good at all
    I know that's why I feel bad :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know but I'm afraid, I might try to confront her tomorrow but I feel like she'll tell me to go away.

It's true

I know that's why I feel bad :/
    It has to be worth a try, at the end of the day if she tells you to go away you lose nothing and at least have the satisfaction that you tried.

(Original post by cheesecakelove)
    If you were good friends before, I would try to talk to her. Why not ask if she wants to meet up for a coffee to catch up? You can talk about what happened and how each other lives' are going.
    We weren't good friends really, just friends I barely knew her, until I lived with her for at least 5 months, it was a lot more things that went on. It just feels like if I try to talk to her it means I was the person who was wrong

ReputationRep:
    We weren't good friends really, just friends I barely knew her, until I lived with her for at least 5 months, it was a lot more things that went on. It just feels like if I try to talk to her it means I was the person who was wrong
    Not necessarily. If you want to meet up, it seems like you just want to meet up. It doesn't mean you are in the wrong, just a quick catch up. It is your final year, don't you want to talk to her before you finish?

(Original post by Ash1597)
    It has to be worth a try, at the end of the day if she tells you to go away you lose nothing and at least have the satisfaction that you tried.
    Ok I'll try, I'm just so nervous to discover that I'm a horrible person, it's literally been on my mind for over a year.

How would you suggest I'd talk to her about it?

Not necessarily. If you want to meet up, it seems like you just want to meet up. It doesn't mean you are in the wrong, just a quick catch up. It is your final year, don't you want to talk to her before you finish?
    I think what I want is closure tbh I don't think we could be friends again

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'll try, I'm just so nervous to discover that I'm a horrible person, it's literally been on my mind for over a year.

How would you suggest I'd talk to her about it?
    Whatever feels best and most comfortable for you, go up to her and ask for a word, take her aside and then say what you've got to say

ReputationRep:
    I think what I want is closure tbh I don't think we could be friends again
    Ok, why not arrange a meet up to talk and get closure. If you want to stay friends, stay friends. If things have gone too far, don't stay friends. At least you can close that chapter and move on with your life.

Ok, why not arrange a meet up to talk and get closure. If you want to stay friends, stay friends. If things have gone too far, don't stay friends. At least you can close that chapter and move on with your life.
    My friend has suggested I don't talk about the past unless it's been bought up and I should just be civil with her when I see her around as I don't want to continue our friendship

ReputationRep:
    My friend has suggested I don't talk about the past unless it's been bought up and I should just be civil with her when I see her around as I don't want to continue our friendship
    If that is what your friend wants, and you don't want to continue our friendship, then you should respect her wishes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.