Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  22219215_10210319911261383_1031198474_o.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  165.9 KB
    Question 5 - I Have tried this, but failed, I used MGH = 50 x 10 X 0.35 and found Heat energy is 120 KJ to its 120000 J, since power = output/input X 100%
    I used that but my answer did not match. The ans is 15% but how? please show me the steps, Thank you

Question 6 - I have no clue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gartley222)
    Name:  22219215_10210319911261383_1031198474_o.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  165.9 KB
    Question 5 - I Have tried this, but failed, I used MGH = 50 x 10 X 0.35 and found Heat energy is 120 KJ to its 120000 J, since power = output/input X 100%
    I used that but my answer did not match. The ans is 15% but how? please show me the steps, Thank you

Question 6 - I have no clue.
    You need to include the number of times the woman repeats the exercise... 4 minutes at 30 reps per minute as per the question.

Fridges are insulated boxes that use a motor to drive a heat pump. the heat pump moves heat from the inside of the box to the outside of the box... but it doesn't remove the heat from the room in any way. The motor is also less than 100% efficient and will produce some heat while it is running.

ReputationRep:
    mgh so 50 x 10 x 0.35 = 175j so you got that right.
    She does it 30 times per minute and question says 4 minutes. So 175j x 30 x 4 = 21000j. This is the useful energy
    The total energy is the useful energy + energy wasted which is 120000j so add that to 21000j = 141000
    So then useful output divide total input so 21000 divide 141000 x100 to get 14.89 percent = 15percent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate...s)
    mgh so 50 x 10 x 0.35 = 175j so you got that right.
    She does it 30 times per minute and question says 4 minutes. So 175j x 30 x 4 = 21000j. This is the useful energy
    The total energy is the useful energy + energy wasted which is 120000j so add that to 21000j = 141000
    So then useful output divide total input so 21000 divide 141000 x100 to get 14.89 percent = 15percent
    Thank you very much! Now I am clear.
    Any thoughts about the question 6?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much! Now I am clear.
    Any thoughts about the question 6?
    We havnt went into too much detail about the law of conservation energy yet in our gcse level only to knoe that energy cant be destroyed or created. Maybe take into account that when a fridge door is open, compressor still works at its optimum level and so room temperature is increased

ReputationRep:
    We havnt went into too much detail about the law of conservation energy yet in our gcse level only to knoe that energy cant be destroyed or created. Maybe take into account that when a fridge door is open, compressor still works at its optimum level and so room temperature is increased
    I have a question to you! how did you understand from the question that which one is output and which one is input? Any clues?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    You need to include the number of times the woman repeats the exercise... 4 minutes at 30 reps per minute as per the question.

Fridges are insulated boxes that use a motor to drive a heat pump. the heat pump moves heat from the inside of the box to the outside of the box... but it doesn't remove the heat from the room in any way. The motor is also less than 100% efficient and will produce some heat while it is running.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I have a question to you! how did you understand from the question that which one is output and which one is input? Any clues?
    i think you are talking about question 5 right as question 6 doesnt say anything about input or output.
    The question says that heat is generated from her legs muscles so we assume that this is the energy wasted. Input energy is the amount of energy supplied to a device so useful output energy + energy wasted = your total input

ReputationRep:
    i think you are talking about question 5 right as question 6 doesnt say anything about input or output.
    The question says that heat is generated from her legs muscles so we assume that this is the energy wasted. Input energy is the amount of energy supplied to a device so useful output energy + energy wasted = your total input
    Yes! got it! Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.