Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Last year i seemed to be doing well in chemistry and I understood the topics we did. Since ive started year 11 im struggling with revision tasks of things we learned last year. I have a revision guide and have made plenty of notes from last years notes etc but i'm just finding it difficult and getting stressed about it. Does anybody have any tips or any useful revision sources for chemistry? Thank you to anyone who can help
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    First, calm down.
    You've just started year 11. Things will be okay.
    the one piece of advice i'd give you is that you should read through all your old notes and then progress onto your new ones. I recommend cgp revision guids, or collins guides. Make notes from these books and use different methods for revision- mindmaps, flash cards, quizzes etc..
    Also, don't be afraid to ask for help from a teacher when you need it.
    GOOD LUCK!

ReputationRep:
    use the spec to guide you and do all the past papers i went from a D to an A two months before my chem gcse lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ultimateradman)
    First, calm down.
    You've just started year 11. Things will be okay.
    the one piece of advice i'd give you is that you should read through all your old notes and then progress onto your new ones. I recommend cgp revision guids, or collins guides. Make notes from these books and use different methods for revision- mindmaps, flash cards, quizzes etc..
    Also, don't be afraid to ask for help from a teacher when you need it.
    GOOD LUCK!
    I know i need to calm down im just putting tonnes of pressure on myself!! Thank you so much for your advice hopefully reading through old notes will help me get it back in my head. Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qam)
    use the spec to guide you and do all the past papers i went from a D to an A two months before my chem gcse lol
    I'll get a copy of my spec and print off some specimen questions! Thanks for the advice and well done on your grade!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.