Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best old/underappreciated video games? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What oldie video games did you like playing as a kid that have ended up mostly forgotten or underappreciated? And were they actually good?
    Mine would have to be the Harry Potter PS1 games, absolute gems.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A game I absolutely loved playing as a kid is ROBLOX. I wouldn't say it's underappreciated, but maybe so in the UK.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Quantum redshift. It's one of my favourite games. It was an early Xbox game which was extremely fun, but didn't sell well, so the sequel was cancelled unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Minecraft
    minesweeper
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Most of the games from the Mega Man series. Have the impression that gamers know those hardly.

ReputationRep:
    All Super Mario, Crash Bandicoot, Tekken, Tony Hawk...

ReputationRep:
    Ooh there was this game on the ds called Avalon Code. It was a pretty cool and unique game despite its flaws. Really liked it

ReputationRep:
    The original beyond good and evil the one of the best games i played finally announced a beyond good ans evil 2 affer a 10 or more years i think it was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash1597)
    What oldie video games did you like playing as a kid that have ended up mostly forgotten or underappreciated? And were they actually good?
    Mine would have to be the Harry Potter PS1 games, absolute gems.
    Uberstrike, battlefield heroes and free realms brings back so much memories. Sadly, they've all been shut down 😩. Secret builders, nplay be gone, Gaia (zomg), boxhead, go kart go turbo and Roblox.
    Apart from Roblox, I think the rest are all forgotten.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Mine is definitely the Klonoa games! They are platformers but were cancelled due to low sales. So good!

ReputationRep:
    Starcraft brood war

ReputationRep:
    Fable 2.

ReputationRep:
    Resident Evil Outbreak on PS2 was pretty good

ReputationRep:
    Pandora's Tower on the Wii is one the best games I've ever played, second only to Final Fantasy 9. Seems like very few people ever even heard of it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Most of the games from the Mega Man series. Have the impression that gamers know those hardly.
    I grew up with the first 6! Mega Man 3 took over months of my childhood <3
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CastCuraga)
    I grew up with the first 6! Mega Man 3 took over months of my childhood <3
    I was grown up with part 2, 3 and 4, plus both parts of the Game Boy and part 7 for SNES. Don't forget to mention Mega Man X and X2 for SNES.

Good old times! Mega Man 3 for NES is the best part I have ever played.

ReputationRep:
    Zone of the Enders. Without a doubt. It's a brilliant mecha game which had a brilliant combat system that flowed incredibly well. I can't praise the story and tone much for the first game but the sequel, Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner had a brilliant, fast-paced and addictive combat system that never got repetitive, really enjoyable bosses which acted as both enemies and puzzles in their own right and an enjoyable story by Hideo Kojima - the man who acted as writer and director for the Metal Gear franchise.

The series was going to receive a third game which looked very promising as well as interesting, but sadly the performance and sales of the HD Collection for the 360 and PS3 discouraged Kojima and his team from making a third game, and due to his split from Konami I doubt the game is ever going to be made.

I'd definitely recommend you check both the games out! I'd say get them for the PS2 - the original platform they were made for - rather than the HD Collection, as the HD Collection is riddled with technical problems.

ReputationRep:
    Lego Racers! Such an amazing game.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloodredbeat)
    All Super Mario, Crash Bandicoot, Tekken, Tony Hawk...
    Is there an unappreciated Super mario game anyway? it is a popular video game series for over 30 years, just timeless.

ReputationRep:
    Quake.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.