Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Probably a long shot, but would anyone be able to tell me about their experiences with the course and the university in general?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HKML1999)
    Probably a long shot, but would anyone be able to tell me about their experiences with the course and the university in general?
    Afternoon,
    I know a recent graduate who studied Palaeontology. I've contacted her to see if she can respond to your post. In the meantime you may find this post from a recent student useful in finding out what it's like to live and study in Portsmouth.

Thanks

Alex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HKML1999)
    Hello again!

So, one of our graduates emailed the following, hope it helps!

"Most aspects of this course I thoroughly enjoyed, especially the 'palaeontology' units, as we explored every animal and plant group, extinct and alive. We looked at a broad range of fossils and skeletons and went on many museum trips, which was a highlight for me because I love museums! My absolute favourite part of the whole course was our trip to Germany and Austria; we went to many fossiliferous areas and went to some of Germany's best museums, and travelled to Austria to study the geology of the Alps, which was absolutely breathtaking. Plus it was an excellent bonding experience for us, especially with all the German beer! The coursework and exams are varied and you can choose your modules in third year."
    Alex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UoP InfoCentre)
    Hello again!

So, one of our graduates emailed the following, hope it helps!

"Most aspects of this course I thoroughly enjoyed, especially the 'palaeontology' units, as we explored every animal and plant group, extinct and alive. We looked at a broad range of fossils and skeletons and went on many museum trips, which was a highlight for me because I love museums! My absolute favourite part of the whole course was our trip to Germany and Austria; we went to many fossiliferous areas and went to some of Germany's best museums, and travelled to Austria to study the geology of the Alps, which was absolutely breathtaking. Plus it was an excellent bonding experience for us, especially with all the German beer! The coursework and exams are varied and you can choose your modules in third year."
    Alex
    Thank you! That was super helpful. Portsmouth is definitely still my first choice now.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yes 07951122269 call me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laudjah)
    Yes 07951122269 call me
    Hi,
    Could you elaborate on your post please?
    We would love to help you.

Alex

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.